Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Off Road France, here's a good read for you.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 03:49 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Hi Paul

I read many of the comments but I believe Timothy Snyder has the correct take on the world at present. We are heading down the same route as Nazism of the last century when the world turned to popularism to escape the doldrums of their mundane society and held the 'elite' responsible for their personal situations. (The Rise of Popularism - The New York Times)

In the US and also the UK I honestly believe the lunatics are in charge of the asylum and all this hype and razzmatazz will lead to financial, social and political mayhem as the unforeseen issues evolve. Hopefully the people and the proletariat will come to their senses sooner or later before the situation becomes irrecoverable and WW3 starts in earnest from stupidity or a misunderstanding of who or what is setting the agenda, and most importantly, why. Unfortunately the rich get greedier and the poor just get poorer but more radical and IMO more stupid, lemmings off the cliff in most cases. Many of us can sit and watch the Armageddon unfold but do little to stop it even although we believe it's suicide.