Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Shout Out: Paul Grant of Classic Rovers

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shout Out: Paul Grant of Classic Rovers

'spupilup' on eBay.

After replacing my dead ABS modulator (as detailed ad nauseum in another post :-), I *still* couldn't get a reasonable bleed on my D2, so I gave up and sent it along to my mechanic.. who decided that it really did have a stone cold dead brake master.

Paul had one in stock, and responded promptly to my inquiry yesterday as to whether he could overnight it (clearly, he could), and even though UPS was an hour past their *extended* delivery commit time (for which I hope to take some of it out of their butt), they did finally deliver the fricking thing, and it's on now, and about to get bled. And it *still* got here cheaper than I could have bought one from AB, sans shipping.

Greatly appreciate the service Paul, and I'll probably be back to you for some other stuff here in a bit, as well.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Rock Crawling

I concur Paul is the man.If you need it hes got it and its in good shape and cheap.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by devildog01
I concur Paul is the man.If you need it hes got it and its in good shape and cheap.
Thx..Nice info..

Old 07-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

really that's the best you can do for your first post, trash talk someone who has pretty much helped everyone on this board at one time or another. There are plenty of other ebay supplies and boards out there good luck finding a better one.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by roverhate
Paul may have parts but he is one the biggest ****** I have encountered on Ebay certainly never buy from him especially if your a new rover owner what a *****.
LMAO is this a joke?

Paul is great people. Heading up to pick up a transfer case from him Friday. Half my truck is from Paul.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Rock Crawling

Paul may have parts but he is one the biggest ****** I have encountered on Ebay certainly never buy from him especially if your a new rover owner what a *****.
[ Oh good; an excuse to pull out my Dr ***... ]

Well, I'm just gonna have to go ahead and disagree with y'there, Dorothy; it's pretty clear you're just trolling, picking fights to see if you can get one started.

But y'know what? Been on the net since 1983; seen much, muu-u-u-u-uch better trolls than you; people with style, finesse -- ok, no little black book, but what can you do? -- and, if nothing else, people who at least appear nice.

So, why don'cha go crawl back under whatever rock it was you crawled out from under, and the mods will get around to blocking you when they can spare the time. kthxbye.

ETA: I see that they did. :-)

Last edited by Baylink; 09-11-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to make friends we see.
You should Go back under the bridge, troll, we have already seen you and your not scary. If you have a beef with Paul take it up with him , No effin sympathy here

Old 07-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

roverhate has left the forum

Old 07-17-2013, 03:36 PM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 275 Likes on 210 Posts

I just bought a 2003 Disco a couple of months ago and have gone through 20+ preventative maintence jobs (e.g., heater throttle re-seal, 180-deg thermostat, constant torque host clamps, front greasable prop shaft, fluid/filter change on engine, diffs, transmission, 3rd row seat conversion, etc)

I have just spoken to Paul on the phone for the first time. He was a great help and gave plenty of advice even though I ended up not buying a part from him.

Certainly excellent service! I am speaking from experience as a Land Rover mechanic from 30+ years ago and have worked in the automotive manufacturing industry for the past 21 years.

My compliments to Paul!

Old 07-17-2013, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear

Who is Paul? What is his ebay seller name? sounds like this guy could be exactly what I'm looking for

Quick Reply: Shout Out: Paul Grant of Classic Rovers