Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Video of RR plowing over the motorcycle gang

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of RR plowing over the motorcycle gang

Anybody else see the video from New York of the Range Rover plowing right over the motorcycle gang?

Old 10-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

By usingplowing, Your title imples that the driver of the rover was wrong. If you watch the video you will see a motorcyclist slowing down right in front of the rover, in the middle of the west side highway for no reason. The rover bumped his back tire and that what started it all. The guy them proceeds to stop and approach the rover, and the rover took off going over the bike. I would have done the same thing.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Mudding

I agree those guys on the bikes were a bunch of wanna be thugs pretending to be Sons of Anarchy.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Overlanding

My use of the word 'plowing' was quite the opposite. I thought it was great....I would have done the same thing. It would have been better if the RR had a brushguard though

Old 10-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There was thuggery for certain. Probably not the first time a Rover has been swarmed like that somewhere in this world, but probably the first time in a first world country....The common law defence of necessity will be involved by the driver, if he is criminally charged.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

yeah the machismo mob mentality runs thick in a lot of those groups. makes it tough on the more civilized biker groups. that rr guy didn't know the intent of the group. they were exhibiting aggressive behavior. you gotta protect your family.
some of us southern hillbillies have the option to deploy peace-making devices, in the event that a crazed biker gang physically threatens our life and family. ie (swinging a deadly weapon/helmet at me or trying to open my kids door, wrongfully imprisoning us) For me and for the sake of the law that qualifies as one of those events....no doubt

the bikers should feel lucky, that they lived to have charges pressed against them.
but it is a shame that that rover prolly had some aesthetic/paint damage and may need be aligned.
good to see that no one was seriously injured. and i hope that bike got totalled

Old 10-03-2013, 07:19 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Story here goes deeper than mentioned above. Grant nobody yet can say why the family in the Range Rover was the target for the gang but what is know is that just before the RR drove over the bike, the motorist dented the RR and slashed the tire/s, this in turn lead to the plowing over and the chase continued. Dont know if you saw the full film but at the end of the chase the RR got stuck in traffic on narrow street and was corned, bikers used their helmets and a blunt object to smash out the windows, pulled the driver from the RR and slashed his face and beat the **** out of him.

Check out this article and read the "relatives" comments: 1 biker charged, another critical in NYC Range Rover chase - U.S. News

Heres the full length video:

She says:
"This man with a Range Rover and luxury lifestyle — it's OK for him to do something to someone because he rides a bike or has tattoos?" she said.
She said she didn't know if the driver should be charged.
"But it should be acknowledged that what he did was wrong," she said. "He had many other options but he chose the violent one." - I wonder if the clueless relative knew that the "man with a luxury lifestyle" had his wife and child in the vehicle, and that they had to watch in horror as their father was violently pulled out and beaten!?

This article along with the case really really got me steaming!!!!!! WTF is wrong these these people? They pull a stunt like that and recklessly cut in front of another vehicle on the highway (literally a foot or so in front) then they get pissed because the driver could not stop in time? These people really think they can just do what ever they please, mess with anybody they please, but holy **** god forbid if anybody does anything to them. These people lack value, honor and their cowards. Honestly the way the reports are sounding I think they are not being punished enough! Then you have these relatives who despite getting the story, still stick up for the criminals. She had the nerves to say ""He had many other options but he chose the violent one."

This is why Im getting myself a Magnum before I move to NY! It will be legal of course but obviously in the 3 miles of main roads this incident happend on, no cops whatsoever. Despite the fact that a large gang or bikers was recklessly driving all over the city, i guess the cops had no reason to take caution and keep an eye out on things.... so personal protection is needed!

Old 10-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
some of us southern hillbillies have the option to deploy peace-making devices, in the event that a crazed biker gang physically threatens our life and family. ie (swinging a deadly weapon/helmet at me or trying to open my kids door, wrongfully imprisoning us)
That's what I was thinking. You trap me like that and start swinging your helmet at me and you're likely to get shot.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

my kids in car......a lot more than likely

Old 10-03-2013, 08:25 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Yeah i read an article on a blog a year ago about another Land Rover owner who was shot and killed. He was in his Land Rover when it happened and was shot through the glass.......

Quick Reply: Video of RR plowing over the motorcycle gang