Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Video of RR plowing over the motorcycle gang

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 05:36 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

No excuses, plenty of blame to go around.

But has anyone ever had their back tire "bumped" by a two ton truck I didn't think so.
what do you think happens when you "bump" the back tire of a bike traveling 40 mph, yes it goes down.

By the way the guy he drove over and broke his spine in two places, was not the driver. He was just some poor shumck who pulled over to help the first guy on the ground.

And to not charge the drive who hit the guy in the real is a travesty, at least by our law up here you are automatically responsible if you hit some one in the rear.

I don't remember ever reading that it was ok to hit someone if the give you a break job.

JMO

Last edited by drowssap; 10-04-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:42 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
No excuses, plenty of blame to go around.

But has anyone ever had their back tire "bumped" by a two ton truck I didn't think so.
what do you think happens when you "bump" the back tire of a bike traveling 40 mph, yes it goes down.

By the way the guy he drove over and broke his spine in two places, was not the driver. He was just some poor shumck who pulled over to help the first guy on the ground.

And to not charge the drive who hit the guy in the real is a travesty, at least by our law up here you are automatically responsible if you hit some one in the rear.

I don't remember ever reading that it was ok to hit someone if the give you a break job.

JMO
Under some circumstances it is not legal nor right to hurt or kill another person nor should running over anybody be legal. However US law does have a technicality where if your life is in physical danger then you do have the legal right to defend yourself or do harm only as needed to protect yourself and fend off those who seek to harm you. I dont know if you read all the reports but before the driver of the RR plowed through the bikers, the tires were slashed and the vehicle was physically vandilioased by some of the bikers who got off their bikes (dented), this combined with the fact that a large group of bikers were driving recklessly, disobeying traffic laws, cutting fellow drivers off, tailgating, stalking and surrounding the family in the RR i think its safe to say that his and his families life were in danger and he had the legal authority to do as he did. He was surrounded, and oncoming vehicles and bikes were behind him so he could not very well reverse out of the situation, his only option was to break through and speed straight ahead.

Also reported was that this gang was part of a stunt club. Hints why the bikers had the camera on his helmet. They where looking for trouble and the first biker knew exactly what he was doing when he cut directly in front of the RR. There is another video of the biker gang a couple minutes before the RR incident. They plowed through down, went through red lights, cut off traffic and everything. So from the start they were endangering everybodies life on the road and they cared not the least.

If any state prosecutes a citizen on the grounds that he/she was defending herself in a life threatening situation (which was even recorded) then that government needs to be relieved of their services.

But so far the family of the RR has not been charged

Old 10-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Bottom line.....all could have been avoided, if a group of assknuckles had not made the driver in fear for his. When you have to guess on the intent of others, you hope for the best but always expect the worst.
Btw you do not break check a 2 ton vehicle on a 400 lb bike, that can stop on a dime, unless you know you might get hurt.
Sucks about spinal injuries, but had someone ran over his front break hand...... IMO, that'd be poetic justice.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Baja

"I dont know if you read all the reports but before the driver of the RR through the bikers, the tires were slashed"
well he must have had run flats because he continued to drive 2.5 miles at over 65 mph.

"Also reported was that this gang Hints why the bikers had the camera on his. They where looking for trouble"
So whenever a couple land Rover gangs members get together and one has a dash cam they are looking for trouble.

"If any state prosecutes a citizen on the grounds that he/she was defending herself in a life threatening situation (which was even recorded)"
Were exactly on the video do you see "life threatening situation" before he runs over two people?

I see a guy rearend a bike, a group of bikes pull over and see a Range Rover run over people and flee the seen.
That is what the film shows, the film show no violence until after people have been mowed over.

If I'm wrong please show me were the violence began. the guy could have been setting his sat/nav when he hit the bike you don't know.

Last edited by drowssap; 10-04-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:32 AM
TReK

"I dont know if you read all the reports but before the driver of the RR through the bikers, the tires were slashed"
well he must have had run flats because he continued to drive 2.5 miles at over 65 mph.

"Also reported was that this gang Hints why the bikers had the camera on his. They where looking for trouble"
So whenever a couple land Rover gangs members get together and one has a dash cam they are looking for trouble.

"If any state prosecutes a citizen on the grounds that he/she was defending herself in a life threatening situation (which was even recorded)"
Were exactly on the video do you see that?

I see a guy rearend a bike, a group of bikes pull over and see a Range Rover run over people and flee the seen.
That is what the film shows, the film show no violence until after people have been mowed over.

If I'm wrong please show me were the violence began. the guy could have been setting his sat/nav when he hit the bike you don't know.

Moments before the Range Rover:

ABC News and report from Police Commisoner:

Full video:

Old 10-04-2013, 10:40 AM
TReK

Biker group did not have legal permit for this biker event. Issues last year and reports of driving on sidewalks:

Old 10-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Thanks. by those reports I would not have been able to drive off because my accelerator would be held up from the shell casings.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Baja

once again were does the violence begin? when the RR runs over two people.
none of those films or any of the other clips show any acts of violence until the RR decides to go 4 wheeling.

Last edited by drowssap; 10-04-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
Thanks. by those reports I would not have been able to drive off because my accelerator would be held up from the shell casings.
I fail to see how bullet-riddled dead people being added to a situation where everyone survived improves the result.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:39 AM
TReK

once again were does the violence begin? when the RR runs over two people.
none of those films or any of the other clips show any acts of violence until the RR decides to go 4 wheeling.

Well technically the video footage conveniently stoped right before the driver of the RR was dragged out and beaten so I guess that never really happened

According to the police report, bikers slashed the tires and dented the RR BEFORE the RR driver ran the biker over and sped off. The news lady states "then a critical moment not caught on camera, police say at least one of the bikers slashed the SUV's tires. Thats when things really get ugly."

Neither the slashing of the tires not the beating of the driver were caught on camera but according to authorities and witnesses, it happened. But lets narrate the event for your understanding.

1.) 30 plus bikers take over the highway

2.) Bikers proceed to close in and surround the Range Rover (CAUSE)

3.) confrontation starts when biker with white shirt intentionally merges directly in front of the fast running Range Rover. Video footage shows the biker looking behind at the RR and slowing down. (CAUSE)

4.) Range Rover slams on brakes but still crashes into the biker. (EFFECT)

5.) Entire biker gang grinds to a hault. Afew of them check on the biker who was bumped by the RR

5.) At least one biker slashes the RR tires (CAUSE)

6.) RR runs over bikers and speeds off (EFFECT)

7.) Bikes engage in high speed pursuit of the RR

8.) At first traffic jam bikers get off bikes and pull open the drivers side front door of RR. (CAUSE)

9.) RR speeds off once again. (EFFECT)

10.) chase continues to next traffic jam.

11.) Bikers again get off bikes and smash in the windows

12.) Bikers violently remove driver of RR, slash his face and beat the **** out of him.

Its worth noting that the biker with the helmet mounted camera was never up close to the RR so the slashing was not caught on camera. Im baffled why the camera was turned off right while the bikers were smashing the windows in though... maybe they realized how bad that would look? How could they claim innocence when the public eye watches horrifying footage of them slashing a guys face in?

Quick Reply: Video of RR plowing over the motorcycle gang