Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

A Warning about D2 Coil Packs from Lucky 8 dba LRParts on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 08:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4
I've used Rock Auto & Ebay D2 coil packs vs the OEM bosch coils & I've never had any issues. Removing the intake manifold isn't bad at all unless you have SAI which does make it a little more time consuming.

I've done it at least 6-10 times now and it's faster vs denting your HVAC lines & tearing your hands all to pieces!

I agree in the other thread I saw Lucky8 try to consult you on a refund stating to return the coils for a refund...

I know a lot of folks that "lie" and say a part is defective and request a new replacement without sending the old one back. 60% of the time the customer is actually scamming a company for another part for free... Not saying your doing that, but I agree with Lucky8's policy 100%! Return your defective coil pack for a refund or no return no refund!
I assure you that trying to scam Lucky8 out of $50 is not worth my time, and I still have not seen any correspondence from them to me thru the legally binding transaction platform we consummated our purchase on (eBay) indicating any willingness to refund/replace these coils. I can also generate correspondence that you would have no way of knowing whether it was actually sent/received or not and then post it here claiming "look what I sent them: see I told you they're not being sincere or responsive or whatever".

The fact that they are actually representing this fantasy (to me) correspondence I have never received as "genuine" only casts further doubt for me as their trustworthiness as a vendor (something I hadn't had until just now seeing how so many of you are taking their "oh, we tried to work with him" bait) -- and it should for you too.

My goal in all of this has only been to try and keep others from having the same "bad brown acid trip" I had. If I just wanted a refund or new coils, don't you think I would have been all "sugar and honey" instead of going totally "danger Will Robinson"?

Their lack of concern/ownership about the potential of selling further defective coils is what you should really be concerned about. If I were Liucky8, I would want these coils back right away to see if: 1) they really are bad; and 2) if they are bad, why and do we (Lucky8) maybe have a problem with the rest of the coils stocked on our shelves that perhaps shouldn't be shipping them.

Think about it gentlemen.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:56 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I'm sorry but in another thread here on this very forum you have said this and they publicly offered to issue a refund when you return them. Even posted a screen shot.

Your not warning anyone or trying to do anything for the community you are just lashing out.

I have bought from parts from them before and will again. Did you order this part number ERR6045?
Yes, according to my eBay transaction record, that is the part.

Whatever this "correspondence" is that you are referring to, Lucky8 has not sent to me in response to my eBay request for a refund/replacement.

So whatever it is you claim Lucky8 is showing you that demonstrates their responsiveness/sincerity, they have not responded to me with anything that is way that is binding. Ask them to show you the response to my eBay dispute: they can't because they haven't responded yet.

That response -- which they haven't made yet -- is what matters: the rest is just noise and misdirection.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

You think if we ignore him he'll just go away?

Old 07-26-2017, 09:01 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by BackInA88
I have a feeling this is going to get ugly?
You were correct.

There are bad coils out there and I want to be sure people know about it.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,485 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
You think if we ignore him he'll just go away?
Unfortunately no it never works out that well, let's be honest he is ignoring everyone that doesn't match his picture.

I'm torn though between ordering a set of the coils or a snorkel for the p38 from the guys at Lucky8.

You do realize that Lucky8 doesn't make the coils right? You most likely bought Britpart coils that everyone sells?

Last edited by ArmyRover; 07-26-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:22 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I'm sorry but in another thread here on this very forum you have said this and they publicly offered to issue a refund when you return them. Even posted a screen shot.

Your not warning anyone or trying to do anything for the community you are just lashing out.

I have bought from parts from them before and will again. Did you order this part number ERR6045?
Yes. That's the part.

They have not offered to settle this thru my eBay dispute. I wonder why?

Old 07-26-2017, 09:47 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by WNYErikDiscoII
We aren't denying that we are LRparts on eBay so I don't know why you keep eluding to the fact that we are trying to hide that, as if you are cracking some sort of big case wide-open.

As for the part about us not refunding you, I sent you an email at 9:35am this morning stating you would receive a refund check if you sent the "bad" parts back. Instead you posted this at 10:37am on here stating that we are uncooperative and that we aren't refunding you. Perhaps you had too much of that brown acid.
Below is the email you sent me which you have conveniently chosen NOT to disclose to this forum (selective disclosure is never a winning strategy: in the end it all comes out), in which you clearly attempt to create distance between yourself and LRPARTS, by referring to it as a "third party store".

Here's the definition of third party:

-------------------------------

ˈˌTHər(d) ˈpärdē
noun
a person or group besides the two primarily involved in a situation, especially a dispute.
adjective
relating to a person or group besides the two primarily involved in a situation.
"third-party suppliers".

-----------------------

Above in your post you are stating that you never attempted to distance yourself from LRPARTS.

Below is your statement that LRPARTS is a third party store, which means NOT Lucky8.

So which is it: your statement above in your post or your statement below in the undisclosed email?

Is LRPARTS a "third party" or a Doing-Business-As (dba) under Lucky8?

your two statements are contradictory, and you only get to chose one to stand by.

I guess the case is cracked.

If anyone wants a screenshot of the email as rendered in my outlook,I will be happy to do so.

====================

Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 12:48 PM
To: Bill Marsh
Subject: Re: about those defective coil packs

Bill,

You are referring to a purchase made through a 3rd party store <bolded for emphasis> several months ago. Those questions get filtered into another folder on eBay when the purchase is over 90 days old. You also sent it over the weekend and we didn't have a chance to get to it yesterday as Mondays are usually quite busy for us. Then we come in today and have a threatening email. If you are on the forums and you know who we are then you have our contact info. Next time you have an issue, either email or call us directly. If you are going to publicly bash us at least be polite and put in the bashing that you sent a message thru a 3rd party site over the weekend and didn't even give us more than 1 business day to respond. That is only fair. Threatening to deface us because you didn't get an immediate response through Ebay is silly to say the least.

Last edited by austinlandroverbill; 07-26-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

I can see where they offered a refund in this thread if you send it in.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

umm you do realize Ebay is the 3rd party here right?

Old 07-26-2017, 10:04 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
If you bought a tire that was made improperly, went flat, and you drove it for 5 months, would it still be the supplier's fault that you need a new wheel?
According to my understanding of contract law, if the tire induced damage to the wheel, then the supplier would be liable for a new wheel as well as tire even if the driver was negligent.

The issue of five months is meaningless.

The real challenge is proving the faultiness of the tire, i.e., that the tire failure wasn't due to Force Majeure, i.e., an "act of God"

May be counterintuitive to "common sense" but that's common law for you.

Quick Reply: A Warning about D2 Coil Packs from Lucky 8 dba LRParts on eBay