Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What are you guys listening to today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 01:59 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
As always, love Nine Inch Nails Screaminglife.
I think this is my favorite song by Nine Inch Nails

Also, heard this gem on the radio

You are not posting for your own entertainment.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreamingLife
I think this is my favorite song by Nine Inch Nails

Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole - YouTube

Also, heard this gem on the radio

Faith No More - We Care A Lot - YouTube

You are not posting for your own entertainment.
Why thank you Screaminglife, it's nice to feel a connection with others on this forum. Thank you for your service to our country. It means a lot to all of us and 'We Care A Lot' sums it all up perfectly.

haha.. I shouldn't admit this but I am going to confess that 'Head Like A Hole' has always been my favorite NIN song as well. I love the beat - I used to crank it up as loud as I could in my apartment at college and dance like a maniac to it. I don't dance as much as I used to (which is a shame really) as I'm afraid that my husband is going to be watching from somewhere across the room. I swear he has eyes everywhere and doesn't miss a beat. THAT would be embarrassing although I'm sure he'd just start laughing. I love to dance.. but my husband, not so much.. hey, this should be a separate thread.. 'do you dance with wild abandon when no one else is watching?'....

Old 03-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

dancing with wild abandon may just be a girl thing I like to twirl on my wood floors but you have to be careful to not lose too much control because you could run into door jambs - that has happened to me before

If you guys like Nine Inch Nails you may like Stabbing Westward. They were big in the 90s but are, apparently, no longer together... I don't know what happened and why they went their separate ways? This is a good song with the same type of style as NIN. Dark, brooding with the electronic vibes.

What do I have to do?

For me it's all about the lyrics and beat although I do occasionally like a good video like the Kate Bush 'running up that hill' post I put up a few weeks ago. That video just spoke to me

Old 03-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Why thank you Screaminglife, it's nice to feel a connection with others on this forum. Thank you for your service to our country. It means a lot to all of us and 'We Care A Lot' sums it all up perfectly.

haha.. I shouldn't admit this but I am going to confess that 'Head Like A Hole' has always been my favorite NIN song as well. I love the beat - I used to crank it up as loud as I could in my apartment at college and dance like a maniac to it. I don't dance as much as I used to (which is a shame really) as I'm afraid that my husband is going to be watching from somewhere across the room. I swear he has eyes everywhere and doesn't miss a beat. THAT would be embarrassing although I'm sure he'd just start laughing. I love to dance.. but my husband, not so much.. hey, this should be a separate thread.. 'do you dance with wild abandon when no one else is watching?'....
I wouldn't be active in the forum if I didnt feel that everyone added something worth while to the conversation. I appreciate the words, I do it because I love it. I think "We Care a Lot" was a bit of a facetious song, but I understand the sentiment.

I only dance when I get drunk or lose a bet... though one time I moonwalked out the back of a C-130 during a parachute practice run. I was immediately given remedial training because of it.

Anyways, I went to the gym this morning and put on my metal mix, and it didnt disappoint.

sidenote: I dressed like Chris Cornell back in highschool. Doc Martens and the whole bit!

That one means a lot to me because my field callsign was Rooster (not because of the song) so whenever I heard it, I felt a big connection with it.

And this one is one of my favorites, just because you cant NOT feel like a total badass lifting weights to this.

LandLover_1, I enjoyed that song, thanks for sharing!

Last edited by ScreamingLife; 03-23-2014 at 07:23 PM. Reason: addition
Old 03-28-2014, 12:02 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I haven't kept up with the thread but I'm listening to these two:

You guys also listen to good music

Old 03-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Some of these remind me of the good old Glastonbury days.

This one is a bit different which I saw live in Paris years ago.

Good with some 'weed' in hand.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:22 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

And for something completely different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugggg................

Old 03-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Rock Crawling

From Queens of the Stone Age new album. An amazing album.

And from a recent purchase of David Gilmour's most recent album. Its the closest to Pink Floyd that you will get of any of the members solo albums.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreamingLife
Pantera - Walk (Official Video) - YouTube

And this one is one of my favorites, just because you cant NOT feel like a total badass lifting weights to this.
lol.. yes, I can see where you'd feel like a badass lifting weights to Pantera, Rooster - it literally crashed my computer when I played the video!

Jealous that you were at some of the Glastonbury gigs, France. I visited in 2001 - definitely an old hippie town, beautiful area but no naked pagans when I was there ...... Oh lookie! It's a red Landy in Glastonbury talking about the festivals: Beyond Glastonbury: Michael Eavis's tour of Somerset | Travel | The Guardian

Welcome Dane - nice lyrics to those songs. A bit melancholy so they fit my mood tonight. Chillin' out listening to a little DM:

Old 03-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle

"Queens of the stone age - no one knows" great song from them it's the only one that I knew of them that was a good song.

Quick Reply: What are you guys listening to today?