Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What are you guys listening to today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Liked the KB Landrover1 and the Blink-182, seconds a bit pervy

I'm not sure you guys like them, but I think it's good rock.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Baja

We're going home to the UK this week for a few days. It'll be great - don't have to speak French, good beer and grub. Look at the new LR's at Harwoods. .................. Land Rover & Range Rover Dealers | South East UK | Harwoods ...........................Magic

PS Forgot to mention, we're going in the D2 to give it a run and stretch it's legs............

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 03-15-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Baja

I do apologise, the vid has twin towers in the clip, a bit thoughtless of me. I'll never forget that day unfortunately it's etched in our psyche even in the UK.

We were in a French autoroute services when we first saw the report live, unbelievable, even the French watching were horrified and some in tears watching it on the big monitor.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Muchachos Landrover!

Here's something different "Musica Argentina',
A very popular pop song of late was "Tu Carcel" ---Your Prison.

Here it is being played by Los Enanitos Verdes--Little Green Dwarfs

Then compare it to a folk like number by Soledad Pastorutti (La Sole)
A very vivacious "girl next door" singer she is very popular on Argentinian Public TV:

Which do you prefer the rock or the folk style?
Need the words? En letras:-
Disfruitalo Yah.
T/V

Old 03-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
I do apologise, the vid has twin towers in the clip, a bit thoughtless of me. I'll never forget that day unfortunately it's etched in our psyche even in the UK.

We were in a French autoroute services when we first saw the report live, unbelievable, even the French watching were horrified and some in tears watching it on the big monitor.
No, not thoughtless.. it's hard to avoid. I'll never forget it either.. and I know what you mean. I was in the UK on holiday at the time - in the Lake District when I heard the news. It was horrible.. getting back to the conference area with big screen tellies and the horrifying images. I think many of us were just stunned at what was happening and it was so surreal as we were watching images of our homeland under attack and we weren't at home. So helpless feeling....

Our flight home was cancelled, we didn't know when we would be able to fly out. I felt lost in a place I didn't know that well at the time. I stopped a man on the sidewalk who happened to be wearing a Michigan sweatshirt and asked him if he was from Michigan but he wasn't. He was nice but the conversation was odd - he probably didn't expect someone to stop him on the sidewalks of Kensington and when asked if he was from my home State replied 'I actually don't know why I'm wearing this shirt....I'm from Ireland - are you ok?'....

I've never felt so lost in all of my life... I had strangers calling my hotel room and leaving emotional messages on the voicemail for someone named 'Rudy'; I saw a woman attack her keyboard and mouse in an emotional panic in a cyber café when she couldn't reach a loved one; I felt so lost...and alone and just wanted to be 'home'.

So no.. it isn't thoughtless of you - just something that is hard to avoid. Every time I hear this song I think of that horrible day and the day I was able to finally fly out of London. I was taking a shuttle to the airport when the bus driver pulled off to the side of the road and turned up the radio. We all just sat there, reflecting as we listened to the Beatles and had a good cry.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

We're going home to the UK this week for a few days. It'll be great - don't have to speak French, good beer and grub. Look at the new LR's at Harwoods. .................. Land Rover & Range Rover Dealers | South East UK | Harwoods ...........................Magic

Rod Stewart - I am Sailing w/ lyrics - YouTube

PS Forgot to mention, we're going in the D2 to give it a run and stretch it's legs............
Have fun.. it will be good to take the D2 for a drive seeing as you now have her in working order :-) Horn is all fixed?.. I thought I recognized the Harwood name.. I gaze at the shiny Rovers longingly when we go past Harwoods in Croydon. I know.. I know... Croydon can be the butt of all jokes in the UK but it isn't THAT bad.. Although I much prefer being outside of London in the countryside.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Liked the KB Landrover1 and the Blink-182, seconds a bit pervy

I'm not sure you guys like them, but I think it's good rock.

"Loner" (Official Music Video) - Black Sabbath - YouTube

Black Sabbath-Wizard - YouTube

Black Sabbath - Paranoid(1970 - Music Video) - YouTube

Not bad A little dark again for my tastes but I can relate. My good friends in college were in a heavy metal band and played 'Paranoid' at their gigs. It's amazing to think that those same long haired heavy metal lovin' rockers are now engineers designing toilets for Kohler...well a couple of them at least

Old 03-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
It's amazing to think that those same long haired heavy metal lovin' rockers are now engineers designing toilets for Kohler...well a couple of them at least
Not all of us are toilet designers! some of use did... other stuff.

I'm not a huge fan of John Lennon (George Harrison is better, blasphemy, I know) but the lyrics in Imagine have always struck me. "...and no religion too" always struck me, and it really upset me when a bunch of christian fundamentalists changed it to "and one religion too"...

Old 03-15-2014, 10:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by tuercas viejas
Muchachos Landrover!

Here's something different "Musica Argentina',
A very popular pop song of late was "Tu Carcel" ---Your Prison.

Here it is being played by Los Enanitos Verdes--Little Green Dwarfs
Enanitos verdes - Tu carcel - YouTube

Then compare it to a folk like number by Soledad Pastorutti (La Sole)
A very vivacious "girl next door" singer she is very popular on Argentinian Public TV:
SOLEDAD "Tu Carcel"[HQ] - YouTube

Which do you prefer the rock or the folk style?
Need the words? En letras:-
TU CARCEL (letra) - YouTube
Disfruitalo Yah.
T/V
Boy.. my Spanish is rusty but from what I can make of it I think I like the rock style better Are you in Argentina? My parents just visited there and said that the white snow capped mountains are gorgeous.. (too bad I can't remember where they visited..a port somewhere..) Anyway, they also visited the Falkland Islands and said that EVERYONE drives LANDROVERS and they all GO FAST! Oh that sounds like a magical land.. where everyone drives Landrovers and they all go fast

Old 03-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ScreamingLife
Not all of us are toilet designers! some of use did... other stuff.

Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Hanuman (Official Video) - YouTube

I'm not a huge fan of John Lennon (George Harrison is better, blasphemy, I know) but the lyrics in Imagine have always struck me. "...and no religion too" always struck me, and it really upset me when a bunch of christian fundamentalists changed it to "and one religion too"...

George Harrison-My Sweet Lord (Studio Version) Original - YouTube
Something told me that you were a heavy metal rocker with long hair ScreamingLife So what did you grow up to be?
Good music picks! Man, those are some fast fingers flying on the guitar and the 'percussion' too! Talented..

Yeah, I also think about that line in Imagine. Seems like for all good that religion is supposed to do it sure does start a lot of trouble While we're on that subject...

Love this song...

Quick Reply: What are you guys listening to today?