Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What are you guys listening to today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 07:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Barry White & Lisa Stansfield: They have so much fun together..

aannnnndddd.....................................

I have a 'girl crush' on her Screaming Life

Last edited by landlover_1; 04-28-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:34 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Thumbs up

Good choices landlover_1, Like . I used to know Lasa Stansfield quite well some years ago, same ethnic group also - try a guess!

I also like Big Barry very much and have a lot of his songs as well. I saw him live years ago. Sad he's gone but he liked his grub and was a big fella.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Good choices landlover_1, Like . I used to know Lasa Stansfield quite well some years ago, same ethnic group also - try a guess!

I also like Big Barry very much and have a lot of his songs as well. I saw him live years ago. Sad he's gone but he liked his grub and was a big fella.

Glad to hear that someone approves of something this week, Offroad. So far this hasn't been my week...

I admire Lisa Stansfield, always have and I love how she and Barry had so much fun singing this song together - her voice is pure perfection. And Mr. White, he is the soul singer of love..

Old 04-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Speaking of soul singers - this song always reminds me of Barry White and an old flame for some reason.

The Manhattans 'Let's just kiss and say goodbye'

I'm gonna miss you - I can't lie...

Screaminglife: that video gave me a new appreciation for No Doubt. Man, she's fit and has an edgy air to her - nothing like what I thought she'd be! The song seems so 'lollypopish' on the radio - I never in a million years thought the band would rock like that. I also thought of you the other day when at a stoplight. Had my radio blaring and was in a 'just don't care' mood at the stop-light which is COMPLETELY out of character for me

Old 05-04-2014, 01:50 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Screaminglife: that video gave me a new appreciation for No Doubt. Man, she's fit and has an edgy air to her - nothing like what I thought she'd be! The song seems so 'lollypopish' on the radio - I never in a million years thought the band would rock like that. I also thought of you the other day when at a stoplight. Had my radio blaring and was in a 'just don't care' mood at the stop-light which is COMPLETELY out of character for me
They were actually hard rocking early on. She was definitely a driving force early on, however later on they became kind of boring and formulaic

This was on of my favorite songs to play on bass with a distorter.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ScreamingLife
They were actually hard rocking early on. She was definitely a driving force early on, however later on they became kind of boring and formulaic

This was on of my favorite songs to play on bass with a distorter.

No Doubt - Hella Good - YouTube

Yep....You know that you've been on this forum too long when the only thing you think of when you hear the word 'Hella' is headlights It will be interesting to watch her on 'The Voice' this next season.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Yep....You know that you've been on this forum too long when the only thing you think of when you hear the word 'Hella' is headlights It will be interesting to watch her on 'The Voice' this next season.
Eeerrrr, I think I've been on the forums toooooo long, Hella only mean headlights/spotlights to me.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:41 AM
Rock Crawling

Hella has almost always meant the light company, but hey it also can mean extra or super too!

Anyways here is a few more songs.

and probably my favorite of the day.

There are a few other ones I was listening to the other day, but I almost guarantee that you guys wouldn't enjoy it.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Old 05-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Rock Crawling

Quick Reply: What are you guys listening to today?