Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks Trackstar.. that did pass thru my mind when I saw your name.

Dusty - you crack me up

Scout dahling.. I want to come thru the computer and give you a hug - I'm glad you're doing better 20 years on. That sounds like a horrible experience; thank you for sharing. I wouldn't give up on the dream of rebuilding an IH xx

Old 03-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

I'll take the hug...... I finished the Scouts and sold them for a large profit. Anything IH at the time was hot. They motivated me to get going and that's what I did. My now ex was so sure I was damaged goods she had an affair. I divorced her with the money I made off the Scouts. Full circle. She became an alcoholic and I went on to work in IT with what I learned from the net. The economy has been my biggest enemy so far so I've decided it's time to write. And you thought I was kidding...... I have my eye on another Scout, have for over a year. It's being used as a plow truck for the owners driveway which is really too short for it. I'm sure come this spring they might say it's done enough for them.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
i figure, mostly dogs and horses carry this moniker, so ....no confusion till someone names their donkey with it!
giddyup, giddyup Dusty.................

Old 03-03-2014, 06:48 AM

Offroad..............it's where my house is, offroad in France..............simples...

There is also an unwelcome double meaning. When I raced cars and was on a track testing day someone bet me that I couldn't take a particular bend 'flatters' (full speed) which being in my nature I tried to without backing out the throttle pedal. Of course I spun off the track. After a very hard test day I had a lot of 'offs' and a pal said we should call you "Offroad" because you spend more time off than on it. They nicknamed me Offroad after that day .

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 03-03-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ihscouts
I'll take the hug...... I finished the Scouts and sold them for a large profit. Anything IH at the time was hot. They motivated me to get going and that's what I did. My now ex was so sure I was damaged goods she had an affair. I divorced her with the money I made off the Scouts. Full circle. She became an alcoholic and I went on to work in IT with what I learned from the net. The economy has been my biggest enemy so far so I've decided it's time to write. And you thought I was kidding...... I have my eye on another Scout, have for over a year. It's being used as a plow truck for the owners driveway which is really too short for it. I'm sure come this spring they might say it's done enough for them.
Ooo.. that felt good..

Glad to hear that you finished your projects but sad to hear that they paid for a divorce. Sounds like your ex ‘forgot’ the vow ‘in sickness and in health’. Her loss for sure.

I could tell you were a writer and I didn’t think you were kidding…. we both know how to tease So pray tell.. what will be the title? ‘Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus’ and ‘Duck(tape) Dynasty’ are already taken so I know it won’t be those….

My offer to be your editor still stands you know. But if you don’t take me up on that offer perhaps you could devote a chapter to me or maybe let me be the first to buy the book…

Last edited by landlover_1; 03-03-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Offroad..............it's where my house is, offroad in France..............simples...

There is also an unwelcome double meaning. When I raced cars and was on a track testing day someone bet me that I couldn't take a particular bend 'flatters' (full speed) which being in my nature I tried to without backing out the throttle pedal. Of course I spun off the track. After a very hard test day I had a lot of 'offs' and a pal said we should call you "Offroad" because you spend more time off than on it. They nicknamed me Offroad after that day .
..something told me that you don't live by the straight and narrow and that you live life a little on the edge

Old 03-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

I'm in the Army and I drive a Rover

Old 03-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I'm in the Army and I drive a Rover
I should have been SDVTRover by that logic.

edit/addition: I've been up for about 38 hours and completely brainfarted... NavyRover.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

oh, and I guess I should be "daylaborercj7"

Old 03-03-2014, 10:12 AM

I dig the name 'Antichrist', it has a certain atheistic ring about it, like me, an atheist ..................... (no offence to any religious people intended - live and let live is my motto)

Quick Reply: Why?