Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dusty1
really a bummer when you cut out a watts link, on 80 degree sunday. thinking in with the panhard, on monday....only to wake up to a blistering 15 degree morning

Panhard is that a positrack or a solid axle ? I'm not much on suspension or even a very good mechanic. Can you explain? My 99 is in dire need of shocks springs etc. I think a lesson in suspension would keep me calmed down till the weather breaks.
We had 3" of sleet snow and Ice here probably won't melt for awhile there is a big hump going into the garage. It a bit scary to pull in.
This Morning freezing fog never heard of that before.
It has got to end soon

Old 03-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

panhard like in the front, to replace the watts linkage, in the rear. watts binds during articulation. this is supposed to be an improvement on that. it got above freezing today....so I may crawl under there and install tonight.
here is previous write up
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...version-61654/

Old 03-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by slabrat
That is where I have trouble with Religions.. One can believe whatever some one else says or makes up.............................

Offroad maybe I'll see you in France this summer maybe we can discuss atheism. Can't bring my rover with me though.
slabrat, I'd enjoy meeting you, as for atheism, not much to discuss really, it's a void in my mind. I always work on this basis, 'All religions were invented by man' that's what I have a real problem with. I come from a jewish family and was sent, at one stage, to a catholic school , a real dichotomy! by the age of 12 I had decided there was no religion that convinced me of anything and they were all dogma's invented by men for whatever reasons. So I opted for pure atheism as no-one can convince me otherwise.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

some with quite the imagination

Old 03-05-2014, 06:15 PM

some with quite the imagination
Yep, some imagination there. Mind you Dusty, I've heard about all these 'slappers' down there in HELL, so we'll be OK then.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
I always work on this basis, 'All religions were invented by man' that's what I have a real problem with.
Dude... DUDE. This statement would make Hitchens smile.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by slabrat
That is where I have trouble with Religions.. One can believe whatever some one else says or makes up . maybe evolution is part of the process of creation?? ( I made that up to suit me) LOL
Ok I am sorry, never talk religion or politics.

Can't work on the Rover till it warms up, anybody else have that problem?? I'm getting cabin fever I think.
well as my name suggests, I love being outdoors and feel closer to whatever created this beautiful world whilst sitting in a field or under a tree, paddling down river or by staring at the clouds and stars in the sky. I'll take that over a lecture in a building on a Sunday anyday. Kind of the same page, right? And I think that's cool that evolution is part of the process of creation, yes. That's the way I think of it. I don't think there is any right way, wrong way, which way.. or the way.

So back to nature and cabin fever. I am CLIMBING THE WALLS!! I want to get outside so bad. This winter has been too darn long and too darn cold. It took everything out of me to clean the back seat and hatch area out the other day in -17 degree weather. I did it though...

Old 03-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by landlover_1
well as my name suggests, I love being outdoors and feel closer to whatever created this beautiful world whilst sitting in a field or under a tree, paddling down river or by staring at the clouds and stars in the sky. I'll take that over a lecture in a building on a Sunday anyday. Kind of the same page, right?
and mother nature doesn't pass the plate.... she does her thing for free,.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

and mother nature doesn't pass the plate.... she does her thing for free.
'Zachary' - it's a turn off for me when the church is always programmed to receive, that's why I stick to my own 'religion'.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by landlover_1

So back to nature and cabin fever. I am CLIMBING THE WALLS!! I want to get outside so bad. This winter has been too darn long and too darn cold. It took everything out of me to clean the back seat and hatch area out the other day in -17 degree weather. I did it though...
Sorry to hear the weather is so awful there still. We had the first decent day for weeks, sunny all day, with no high winds or torrential rain and the RRS registered 17/18C in Aubeterre. The forecast looks good for the next couple of weeks although it can change very rapidly as we are near to the Bay of Biscay on the Atlantic.

METEO SAINT-CIERS-DU-TAILLON - Prévisions météo gratuites à 10 jours - Météo France

Cheer up though, summers on it's way.

Quick Reply: Why?