Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

You dirty little flu bug you..

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 01:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Default You dirty little flu bug you..

For anyone that may be in misery. I hope you feel better and get a laugh Heard it's not fun.. don't wish it upon anyone.

Rest up!

Old 01-31-2018, 04:11 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by landlover_1

For anyone that may be in misery. I hope you feel better and get a laugh Heard it's not fun.. don't wish it upon anyone.

Rest up!
Yep, Ll_1, I know of that horrible feeling a few weeks before Christmas, it was very unfunny but hey ho it's now a memory. Since then a couple of weeks ago I had a trapped sciatic nerve in my back for a week, very painful indeed, I think I'm falling to pieces I have never had so many things go wrong in my life as recently, I still need to see the doctor next week ref: my dodgy blood test results, some say I'm a coward putting it off for so long .......... they'd be right

Old 02-01-2018, 12:15 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

For anyone that may be in misery.
And I was expecting to see....

Sincerely,

A LR

Old 02-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Yep, Ll_1, I know of that horrible feeling a few weeks before Christmas, it was very unfunny but hey ho it's now a memory. Since then a couple of weeks ago I had a trapped sciatic nerve in my back for a week, very painful indeed, I think I'm falling to pieces I have never had so many things go wrong in my life as recently, I still need to see the doctor next week ref: my dodgy blood test results, some say I'm a coward putting it off for so long .......... they'd be right
Awe.. I hope you feel better soon Offroad! Sciatic nerve issues are the worst! Keep us posted on your appointment next week - my dad is having fairly extensive surgery on Wednesday so I can relate for sure.

Old 02-02-2018, 12:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by number9
And I was expecting to see....

Sincerely,

A LR
That's a 'no-no' number9. We don't make jokes like that on here.. didn't you get the memo? Fun is not allowed!

Old 02-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by landlover_1
Awe.. I hope you feel better soon Offroad! Sciatic nerve issues are the worst! Keep us posted on your appointment next week - my dad is having fairly extensive surgery on Wednesday so I can relate for sure.
Hi Ll_1, how's your dads op gone?, I have to go for another blood test this week for the same issues, the results usually come back in 24 hours. The doctor seems to think I have an infection somewhere related hence the spike in the print out but we'll see. As for me, I suppose I'm phlegmatic, think the worst case and anything less is a bonus. As for the trapped sciatic nerve, guess, it's now returned in the left lower back and leg, what a bitch.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Hi Offroad

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) it didn't happen. Psychologically, I think the entire family is scarred, wondering what to do next. I have always thought highly of the hospital in our hood, however, this time?.. not so much. His operation was originally planned for December, right before Christmas. Much preparation was involved (self inflicted shots, etc.), drinking lots of water, eating jello, washing with special soap, excessive changing of sheets, etc. only to have the doctor call the day before and say that the 'machine' was broken and it would have to be rescheduled. My parents like to travel in the winter and thus put everything on hold as health is priority one.. which it should be. Fast forward to this past week. Again, the same prep was involved, more mental anguish getting ready for it, feeling strangely about the entire circumstance, and heading to the hospital. He was prepped for surgery, needles in arms, electrodes on chest and anesthesiologists were there. The entire surgery crew was in the room 2 minutes before surgery was to begin. Then the doctor came in. He told my parents that a part was 'missing' to the machine and the surgery wouldn't be able to happen unless my dad wanted to do it the 'old fashioned way' which is longer recovery period (more than 2 months), a longer incision, and surgery time. His surgery was to be 4 hours already so um... no.

The hospital attempted to appease my parents by giving them free gas cards and cafeteria lunches at the hospital. My mom laughed them off and my dad wondered who to sue. Their experience was horrid, the surgery crew fled when my mom went 'ballistic' and my dad was shocked. He had only slept an hour the night before and was sent home in a stupor without any meds to get him back to the spot where he should be.

Me?... I'm wondering if it was all a sign. My dad?.. He was looking into going to Mayo Clinic instead but the director of surgery called him and apologized profusely saying that 'this has never happened before' and that if he decided to stick with their hospital to 'please call him prior to the surgery and he'd make sure that EVERYTHING goes as planned'.

Unfortunately I'm still skeptical. I'm having dreams where I'm on the floor holding onto my dad's leg.. it's kind of bad.

BUT.. thank you for asking I REALLY appreciate it and I'm SO sorry to hear that you're dealing with everything you are. Sciatica sucks. It's amazing how you can turn one way and tweak something just a bit and it brings out the best in your back. Have you ever tried an inversion table? They sell them at sports stores now and they work!

As for your blood tests.. don't let it get you down. I was telling a colleague about the freak show at the hospital this past week and he told me that his father was led to believe, for two years, that he needed prostate surgery due to conflicting blood tests, doctor diagnosis, etc. He ended up going to the surgery and the doctor came in, looked at his chart and said 'why are you here?...' Dumbfounded, he looked back and said 'what do you mean?' and the doctor replied 'you don't need prostate surgery as you don't have a prostate problem'. Turns out everything was fine and he was misdiagnosed. I don't know how that happens but I don't know how what occurred this week happened either. A speedy recovery to you Offroad - I hope you're feeling better soon.

Last edited by landlover_1; 02-11-2018 at 09:07 AM.