Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1999 Discovery 1 SD - $4150 well maintained

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 11:54 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Discovery 1 SD - $4150 well maintained

I am selling my 1999 Land Rover Discovery SD. This model was the last year of the Discovery 1, and was sold alongside the Discovery 2 as a “last chance” stripped down version. As such, it lacks the fussy sun roofs and bulky jump seats of the fancier trim packages.

Odometer reads 132,605. I have had 120,000 mile maintenance, head gasket replaced, valves adjusted and repaired, steering gearbox replaced with new OEM, cruise control module replaced, e-brake replaced, ball joints replaced. This work was performed by Inland Rovers of Riverside.

I replaced coil springs and shocks with a Terrafirma shock and spring suspension kit, medium load, all-terrain set-up. Front shock mount towers were upgraded to Terrafirma Heavy Duty. Rear upper shock mounts were replaced with Terrafirma lowered shock mounts, which gives a little more articulation at the rear axle. This set-up provided almost 2” of lift. I will include the original OEM coil springs and shock mounts. The mud flaps were replaced with new OEM.

The engine runs strong, the transmission shifts smoothly and correctly, the suspension is clunk-free. The transfer case works correctly in all modes including differential lock. Brakes are strong. Tires have almost 0.3” of tread. A/C blows cold. Headliner is intact. All gauges work. I replaced the battery with an Optima Red. This vehicle performs wonderfully in rough road conditions. Last March I drove the entire Mojave Road without incident, including the Afton river crossing. I also drove down Lippincott Road at DVNP, also without incident.

Most flaws are cosmetic and mildly inconvenient: driver’s window makes a loud clunk going down, center console lights are hit-or-miss, driver’s seat warmer isn’t working, right rear red reflector missing, some bumper end covers are loose, grill is cracked. The muffler still sounds OK but is showing some corrosion damage. There is a dent in the top of the left front fender, approximately 2” long, 1/8” deep, caused by a poorly managed hi-lift jack. My bad. A large chip of paint was removed. With the fender being aluminum, I haven’t worried about touching it up.

I’ve had all the typical expensive 100,000-mile major repairs done, so there’s plenty of life left in this rig. I’m only selling it because I needed a truck and don’t have the space or budget for both.

Registered in California through November 2017. Title is clear. The vehicle is located in Redlands, CA. PM me if you're interested. Sale in person only.