Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

D1 Rebuilt Harmonic Balancer 4.0 - For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default D1 Rebuilt Harmonic Balancer 4.0 - For Sale

Hello,

Long story short, I needed a harmonic balancer for my new engine I am putting in this weekend. I couldn't find a new one absolutely anywhere, not even from the dealer. I am sure some of you have ran into the same issue.

I wound up having to send my old one out to Gold Coast Rovers in CA to be rebuilt, but of course, after I ship it out, I find a new OEM one from a friend that will get to me a lot sooner.

I wound up buying that one as well, because all I need is the balancer to finish the engine job, and I can't wait to have mine rebuilt and sent back. I was only doing it as a last resort.

I am selling the rebuilt one for the same amount I am having it done, and I will take care of the shipping. PM me if interested and I will let you know the cost. Keep in mind that I won't have the balancer in my possession until the second week of April. It is arriving in CA tomorrow and won't be sent out to get rebuilt until Monday the 31st, and it takes 4-5 days to get rebuilt, and another 4-5 days to get sent back to me.

If interested please PM me! Otherwise I will be putting it up on eBay.

Thanks everyone! I will send pictures once I can.

spikeR

Old 03-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

By rebuilt you mean machining, polishing, and possibly sleeving the stub end because it's grooved from the gasket? I almost had that done by D&D Fabrications.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by fishEH
By rebuilt you mean machining, polishing, and possibly sleeving the stub end because it's grooved from the gasket? I almost had that done by D&D Fabrications.
Yeah Michael at Gold Coast Rovers is having it completely redone.

Why didn't you get yours done?

Old 03-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Mudding

Just so everyone knows...I actually won't be selling this balancer anymore. The one I purchased that was to come sooner actually wasn't in stock, and they waited until two days after I purchased it to tell me that. So now I am completely reliant on this rebuild.

Sorry for any inconvenience. But if you do needs yours redone, I will still post photos of mine when it comes so that you may consider getting yours done at Gold Coast Rovers.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, just read your post on the balancer rebuild. I need to replace one on a '98. What did the rebuild cost you? Thanks!

Old 10-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by spikeRovah
Yeah Michael at Gold Coast Rovers is having it completely redone.

Why didn't you get yours done?
I ended up not needing a new one. I was able to drive the seal in a little bit more which put it past the grooved spot on "fresh" metal. No problems for a couple years now.