Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Does your Land Rover Discovery 2 shifter & parking brake boots look awful??

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Does your Land Rover Discovery 2 shifter & parking brake boots look awful??

When I bought my 2003 LR Discovery HSE7, the first thing I noticed was how awful the shifter boots looked! It wasn't long before I noticed that ALL the Disco 2's had the same problem! This was because the leather used in the OEM parts was not adequate to handle the temperature and humidity changes that take place within the interior of a car! (Not to mention, if you're like me and have left BOTH sunroofs open during rainstorms by accident, or spilled stuff while driving and been unable to clean it up right away, etc.- it takes a beating).

So, perhaps you've considered buying replacements? But if you buy replacements from the LR dealer, you'll pay 700% more and you'll likely be in the same boat in another couple years!

Because of this situation, I decided to come up with an affordable alternative for my fellow Disco 2 drivers! I make replacement boots by-hand in my home out of a heavy-duty, marine-grade black vinyl. I carefully selected this material to look and feel very similar to the OEM leather boots, but also be able to withstand the wear and tear that heavily used car interiors endure. (And I have a dog who loves to put it to the test!)... I hope this helps!

BTW, These are also known as Gaiters, Gators, or Covers & fit Series 1 Discos too!!!

This makes a huge difference in the appearance of your interior!!

NO PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION NEEDED - Super Easy - instructions included

Land Rover Dealer charges $112 for replacement set!!

1 set of shifter boots (parking brake & 4wd): $29.98 - Free Domestic Shipping!!

!!Installation guide w/ technicolor photos included!!

(can also include stick-shift boot for extra $12 - not typical in American models)

**OVER 3000 SETS SOLD ON 6 CONTINENTS WITH ONLY POSITIVE FEEDBACK RECEIVED!!!
Some recent feedback from buyers:

- "Excellent product at great price = super fix for Rovers!"

- "Super fast shipping. Great fit. Center console looks much nicer! Highly rec!"

- "Great deal and easy to install. I was skeptical but am REALLY pleased with product!"

- "LR Disco product as described. Saved TONS off OEM cost for part!!! TY!!!"

- "Boots fit great, I recommend to any buyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

- "Roverkraft's boots are cheap & look great. What more could a guy want? Thanks!"

- "Fast shipping and everything fit perfectly! Thank you! A+++++"

- "This is exactly what I needed in order to make the interior look as good as new"

- "
STOP looking and buy now. Great product, clear instructions, & fast ship"

-
"Great quality on these. No question- these are a great buy"

- "Great product. Took me 1/2 hour to install and turned out awesome"

Email me at RoverKraftProducts@gmail.com if interested – I accept payment via PayPal invoice! (please include your mailing address and the email address you would like for me to send the PayPal invoice to - International shipping rates may apply - contact me with your location)

WILL COMBINE SHIPPING ON MULTIPLE ORDERS!! CONTACT ME AHEAD OF TIME AND WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT.

Assuming you're going to replace these yourself, I will also include a brief instruction sheet with pictures (pictured below) that will make installation a breeze. ***IMPORTANT- DO NOT THROW OUT YOUR OLD OEM BOOTS IMMEDIATELY UPON ORDERING. YOU WILL NEED TO RE-USE THE METAL & PLASTIC FRAME PARTS FROM THE OLD BOOTS TO MAKE INSTALLATION POSSIBLE!!*** this is how I was able to keep the cost down (dealer replacements don't include those either, btw)

Also, check out my LR Discovery I & II retractable sunroof shade repair kits!! -- a must-have for Disco owners!

(if link doesn't work, do a search in the forums for "
Finally!! an inexpensive Disco I & II retractable sunroof shade repair kit!!")

Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails Does your Land Rover Discovery 2 shifter & parking brake boots look awful??-dscn0424.jpg   Does your Land Rover Discovery 2 shifter & parking brake boots look awful??-.jpg   Does your Land Rover Discovery 2 shifter & parking brake boots look awful??-installation-guide.jpg   Does your Land Rover Discovery 2 shifter & parking brake boots look awful??-4wd.jpg   Does your Land Rover Discovery 2 shifter & parking brake boots look awful??-parkbk.jpg  

Last edited by gschmitt; 10-07-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Drifting

Can you post pics?

Old 02-05-2011, 12:21 AM
4wd Low

Great idea! I'm still shopping for a D2, but ALL the ones I see for sale have the bad-boot issue.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:26 AM
5th Gear

Sending an email now. Mine are shot, and yuor price is fair. LR Dealer is a ripoff and your right, innevitably they are shot again.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sfl4x4
Sending an email now. Mine are shot, and yuor price is fair. LR Dealer is a ripoff and your right, innevitably they are shot again.
Once you get them & install pleases let everyone know how well they work & the quality of the new boots.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Overlanding

Recently received feedback from buyers!:

- "Excellent product at great price = super fix for Rovers!"

- "Super fast shipping. Great fit. Center console looks much nicer! Highly rec!"

- "LR Disco product as described. Saved TONS off OEM cost for part!!! TY!!!"

- "Wonderful product!"

- "Fantastic item! Superb! 100%! Thanks a million!"

Last edited by gschmitt; 02-23-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Mudding
Thumbs up FeedBack

I must say the instructions and product is perfect. Two thumbs up and my wallet thanks you also. It took me less than 5 minutes to complete the whole process.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who has boots that are worn out.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Not seeing how the Ebrake boot glues up on the wire frame that snaps into the console

I took several pics of the ebrake boot on the console end before cutting off the old boot,...so far,...not helping.

I am trying to determine how the new boot fits the wire frame on the console end of the e-brake boot. When I line up and fold over the long sides,....then the 3 tabs on each end dont seem to line up with anything. Conversely (sp?) if I start with the 3 tabs on the end, then, the long sides don't line up.

Can anyone walk me through this part of the install of the new boots.....fitting the vinyl around the wire frame and gluing?? I was never any good at Origami...(:>).

BC

Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Overlanding
Default help for you

I'm sorry you are having difficulty with the installation. I will be happy to walk you through the process if you give me a call at:
706-461-4756.

Thanks,

Garrett

Old 08-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Three Wheeling

I just bought an 04 Disco SE and needed to replace the destroyed leather parking brake and 4wd selector boots. I found some OEM boots online last week and was surprised by the price. After looking a little deeper into the web I found an ebay seller with replacement boots for 19.99 +shipping. WOW what a deal! I was skeptical at first that they were not worth it. Bottom line I paid $24 for everything and it took me a grand total of one hour from start (removal from vehicle) to finish (including cleaning all of the who knows what that I found). I have attached some pictures so you can judge for yourselves. Big hints, follow the directions and don't glue the boot to your fingers.

Attached Thumbnails Does your Land Rover Discovery 2 shifter & parking brake boots look awful??-imag0098.jpg   Does your Land Rover Discovery 2 shifter & parking brake boots look awful??-imag0101.jpg   Does your Land Rover Discovery 2 shifter & parking brake boots look awful??-imag0099.jpg  

Quick Reply: Does your Land Rover Discovery 2 shifter & parking brake boots look awful??