General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats for someone with back problems!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:51 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats for someone with back problems!

Hello all - this is my first post here.

I have a BMW with the articulated seats - great for someone with a bad back. I noticed that the seats in my 08' RR are of the same design, but lack the control on the side of the seat to alter the angle of the upper backrest. I also noticed that in other RR's without the cooled seats, they are of a different design altogether.

Upon researching further, I learned that older models of Range Rovers had this option. Again, it appears as if the seat design and controls are the exact same, but those seats have the control in the same button that moves the head rest to control the upper half of the seat.

Is there any way my seats could be modified to do this? It does a long way to help my back and would make these otherwise comfortable seats perfect for me!

Thanks for any help!

Old 03-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it would be easiest to swap the seats out. What "older" rovers are you talking about, its a very broad term. I assume you are talking about the seats shown in the image at the bottom of the post. If this is so, then they did make these style seats on all newer style rovers, even on the 2010 model. They have to be special ordered when you buy the car, or are featured on special edition rovers.

BTW, this is a 2008 RR

Old 03-19-2011, 05:02 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LRScott
I think it would be easiest to swap the seats out. What "older" rovers are you talking about, its a very broad term. I assume you are talking about the seats shown in the image at the bottom of the post. If this is so, then they did make these style seats on all newer style rovers, even on the 2010 model. They have to be special ordered when you buy the car, or are featured on special edition rovers.

BTW, this is a 2008 RR

Those look exactly like mine

My seats look and feel identical to these, but the headrests are different. In addition, they use the same control scheme.

Note the different style of the seats - these are also what you find on new rovers without the climate seat package. My seats appear to be the exact same design as those with the articulated backrest. I could swap my seats out for others, but I'm guessing that's an expensive ordeal, and it's unlikely I could find seats with the color and contrasting piping. My question is, are mine set up for that function, and if so, would it be difficult to make it work?

Thanks!

Old 03-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would definitely be a dealer question unless someone on here has done it and I am pretty sure no one has. Good luck on it though.