General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trouble locking/unlocking doors

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble locking/unlocking doors

Picked up my 2003 RR from the shop tonight only to have it returned to me without the ability to lock/ unlock all doors unless I use the key. I tried several times to use the remote and the red light on the remote just flashes. I opened the door with the key just fine; however, the inside lights did not come on when I opened the door??? Then I tried pushing the lock/ unlock button in the center panel but it did nothing???
I picked the car up after hours, leaving for business trip before the shop opens in the morning. Any ideas or suggestions as to what it may be?

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by smirabik; 01-10-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ask the shop if they disconnected your battery. If they did, then your remote probably just lost sync with the car.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Drifting

Im having the same problem. Came to find out that my B.C.U. burned out when my alternator **** the fan recently. I was under the impression the key needed to get reprogrammed as well, but according to the service advisor from LR, his Tech stated it was the BCU. It ranges from $600-$900 US Dollars, plus they would still have to reprogram it so you know that ain't going to be cheap. Any further questions, don't hesitate to get in contact. Thanks.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:01 PM
2nd Gear

I have a lock/unlocking emergency! My 99 landrover discovery II series will not do either, I have tried using the key that has been used for the ignition to open up the door, that hasn't worked, also I contacted a dealers as they of course high balled me. I went to a dealers locale and got a battery for the remote, however, that didnt work, the red light flashes both on vehicle and remote but wont open the doors. Aside from going back to dealer( which vehicle would have to be towed) are there any suggestions that may work?
The key for the ignition has never been used for the doors manually, as the remote was always used to get in and out of vehicle.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:05 PM
2nd Gear
Default Help!!

Originally Posted by jerryleslie
I have a lock/unlocking emergency! My 99 landrover discovery II series will not do either, I have tried using the key that has been used for the ignition to open up the door, that hasn't worked, also I contacted a dealers as they of course high balled me. I went to a dealers locale and got a battery for the remote, however, that didnt work, the red light flashes both on vehicle and remote but wont open the doors. Aside from going back to dealer( which vehicle would have to be towed) are there any suggestions that may work?
The key for the ignition has never been used for the doors manually, as the remote was always used to get in and out of vehicle.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Mudding

You may have a BECM issue. Dunno much about DII's. You are in the Range Rover forum, try the Disco II forum for advice: https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/