Range Rover Evoque Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque within.

2017 Evoque brake issues

Old 08-30-2017, 08:21 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Evoque brake issues

Originally Posted by DiscoCam
So I drove my D1 about 70 miles today, did some wheeling too. No issues whatsoever. I've been needing to change my front brake pads so I did so when I got home. I finished the front driver side brakes then went to pump the pedal to bring the fluid level down a bit from pushing the caliper back in. But the pedal just goes to the floor. Makes a squeak too if I pump it fast. I tried to see if I could bleed the caliper and barely any fluid came out. Do I have a bad caliper? If I do, what should I buy? Rebuild the current one, buy a rebuilt one, buy a brand new one? Should I replace both front calipers?

Thanks in advance
I am new to this forum, so tell me if I am in the wrong thread. I just bought a 2017 Evoque, got 3800 miles so far. Tonight while driving in downtown traffic when all of a sudden when I went to stop, the brake pedal went almost to the floor before I could get it to stop ! If I pump the pedal I have hard over sensitive brakes, but it will stop instantly...very unnerving to say the lest. I see no visible leaks on the ground, also my rear camera went dead about same time. I got home , about 5 miles, but am wondering if this problem is common to these vehicles. Thanks for letting me jump in here, if anyone has info, please let me know.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Darstar
I am new to this forum, so tell me if I am in the wrong thread. I just bought a 2017 Evoque, got 3800 miles so far. Tonight while driving in downtown traffic when all of a sudden when I went to stop, the brake pedal went almost to the floor before I could get it to stop ! If I pump the pedal I have hard over sensitive brakes, but it will stop instantly...very unnerving to say the lest. I see no visible leaks on the ground, also my rear camera went dead about same time. I got home , about 5 miles, but am wondering if this problem is common to these vehicles. Thanks for letting me jump in here, if anyone has info, please let me know.
An Evoque has no similarity to a Discovery 1 whatsoever other than the badge. You'll probably get a better answer on the Evoque section of the forum. You should take it to the dealership as even the basic limited warranty will cover that.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

split off into the right section