Range Rover Evoque Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque within.

Big Issues with Parts for RR Evoque

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Issues with Parts for RR Evoque

Dear Forum Members,
I'm an owner of a 2012 Range Rover Evoque 4 doors.. I purchased my car brand new from an authorized Land Rover dealership in Chicago, IL. Last April 15th, I had a very small accident, just a minor damage. The morning after I took my car to the dealership, to get the fix done asap. The damage involved a minor scratch of bumper, right front fender, grill, lights, and some few "plastics" from the front area of the car. I was expecting a time-frame of a week, but never much longer than 8 working days.
My first concerns about my assumption, started at the same day the head of mechanics at Howard Orloff (Land Rover dealership) told me that Land Rover have multiple issues to supply parts. Most of the time to repair a car takes up to 2 or 3 months because all the issues related to LR part back-orders.
Yesterday, just +4 weeks since I dropped my car for repair, the Land Rover Customer Service head for North America, Mr. Stephen or Steve...something, told me "we don't have the parts. We have issues with our suppliers. Our suppliers have not the parts, and they don't know when could be provided. We sorry, but we can't estimate when your car could be fixed." He continues saying. "As soon as we can get the parts in UK, will be shipped by ocean freight to the USA." In other words: If eventually they get the parts next week, will takes another 5/6 weeks to get the parts at the body shop. Total best estimated time to get my car fully repaired: 10 weeks. Again, was a very minor damage.
I'm really desperate at this point. I had a high value brand perception about Land Rover/ Range Rover. I has been always consider their product on the top of the quality and support, but now that perception fully changed.
My hopes to get my car back on time are gone. The only purpose of this thread is to warning all the owners and potential buyers of Evoque: They need to know there are not replacement for Front Bumpers, and Front Fenders. Why? Maybe a wrong supplier selection, wrong safety stock estimation, wrong forecast, lack of customer support commitment, etc, etc.
Finally: As soon as I can get my car Back, I will trade-in the same day. I'm never been so disappointed with any purchase during my entire life.
Thanks for reading. Regards,
Tristan Sosa

Old 05-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Winching
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TristanSosa
Dear Forum Members,
I'm an owner of a 2012 Range Rover Evoque 4 doors.. I purchased my car brand new from an authorized Land Rover dealership in Chicago, IL. Last April 15th, I had a very small accident, just a minor damage. The morning after I took my car to the dealership, to get the fix done asap. The damage involved a minor scratch of bumper, right front fender, grill, lights, and some few "plastics" from the front area of the car. I was expecting a time-frame of a week, but never much longer than 8 working days.
My first concerns about my assumption, started at the same day the head of mechanics at Howard Orloff (Land Rover dealership) told me that Land Rover have multiple issues to supply parts. Most of the time to repair a car takes up to 2 or 3 months because all the issues related to LR part back-orders.
Yesterday, just +4 weeks since I dropped my car for repair, the Land Rover Customer Service head for North America, Mr. Stephen or Steve...something, told me "we don't have the parts. We have issues with our suppliers. Our suppliers have not the parts, and they don't know when could be provided. We sorry, but we can't estimate when your car could be fixed." He continues saying. "As soon as we can get the parts in UK, will be shipped by ocean freight to the USA." In other words: If eventually they get the parts next week, will takes another 5/6 weeks to get the parts at the body shop. Total best estimated time to get my car fully repaired: 10 weeks. Again, was a very minor damage.
I'm really desperate at this point. I had a high value brand perception about Land Rover/ Range Rover. I has been always consider their product on the top of the quality and support, but now that perception fully changed.
My hopes to get my car back on time are gone. The only purpose of this thread is to warning all the owners and potential buyers of Evoque: They need to know there are not replacement for Front Bumpers, and Front Fenders. Why? Maybe a wrong supplier selection, wrong safety stock estimation, wrong forecast, lack of customer support commitment, etc, etc.
Finally: As soon as I can get my car Back, I will trade-in the same day. I'm never been so disappointed with any purchase during my entire life.
Thanks for reading. Regards,
Tristan Sosa

What is the list of part you need and I will check my UK source

Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Much much easier to find parts for Discovery I & IIs.

Just sayin...

Old 05-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I guess the evoque is selling pretty well. LOTS of manufacturers have this problem with all new models, even American made, especially if they are selling well... they'd rather put parts into new sales rather than stock the depots. If Justin cannot get you the parts from his suppliers, you could try calling JLRNA and see what they say.... maybe they'll grease the squeaky wheel.