Range Rover Evoque Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque within.

2020 Evoque stalls. Not the Eco Stop/start feature

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 06:56 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2020 Evoque stalls. Not the Eco Stop/start feature

We bought a 2020 Evoque in July. It has been in the shop four times and about two of the first three months that we owned it.
It stalls at stop signs and stop lights. This is not the Eco start-stop feature. It does happen both with that feature on and off. It does happen more when it's warm, but has also happened multiple times with the cooler weather this fall. This is an electrical failure. When it stalls all the computers shut down, climate control, electronic screens, stereo, and occasionally the seats move back all the way, making it near impossible to reach the start-stop button to restart the car. It sometimes happens when you first come to a stop, and other times right after you hit the accelerator and start to roll into the intersection.
The technicians have been able to recreate this, and have also been in the car with us when it happened. This has easily happened more than 50 times since we bought it.
While it's been in the shop, we have had multiple loaners, all of which have had the same problem. The general manager of our Flatirons Land Rover dealer told me Land Rover has admitted to their dealerships that they have a problem with the new 2020s.
I am trying to find others who have experienced this problem, or another dealership who may have figured out how to fix it. I am in the Denver area. Appreciate any info you can share.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:52 PM
7th Gear

I haven't had this problem. What trim do you have? Do you know what the mileage was when the problems first started? I have the R-Dynamic SE P300, 4000 mi.

Old 08-22-2020, 07:59 PM
3rd Gear

We have had the same problem. 2020 Evoque SE.
It stalled once at a stop light and one on the FREEWAY in high speed traffic.
Another time the entire infotainment system went dead while underway. Black screens. Gone.
Its a beautiful car but it drives like s**t. Its under powered and the transmission cant seem to make up its mind at times.
Lately the 1-2 shifts have become very rough . Purchased in Jan 2020. Now has 5500 miles on it.
We were going to but the previous generation but after reading about the laundry list of problems we were happy we decided to get the new generation.... assuming there would be no issues.
We are not happy anymore. Looks like the problems that existed on the previous generation exist in the new one. Im a bit disgusted at this point and feel like Land Rover built another piece of garbage.
It may look beautiful but if its giving the driver anxiety that it may shut down in the middle of the freeway or in a dangerous situation then this this is worthless as far as I am concerned.
We are sort of happy we leased it so we can get rid of it as soon as the lease is up. If we owned it we would be selling it at this moment.

Old 08-23-2020, 12:29 AM
3rd Gear

Anyone with this issue needs to file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration NHTSA. This agency has the power to force manufacturers to recall vehicles and fix safety issues. If enough people submit complaints they will do an investigation.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/