Range Rover L322 (3rd Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover L322 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Supercharged Possible Vacuum Leak?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 10:06 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 Supercharged Possible Vacuum Leak?

Hi. I have a 2006 Range Rover with the 4.2-liter supercharged engine, which I acquired as a project car

I've had a persistent CEL and when I pulled the codes, it said that both banks were running too lean. That makes sense, because the RR stalls immediately after a cold start, has a rough idle, and surges. I opened the hood and can hear hissing very close to the left side of the engine, near the PCV valve under the engine cover. I have replaced the PCV valve, but it was hissing before that. Since the hissing is significant enough for me to hear it, I'm hoping I can avoid a smoke test and solve it myself. It appears to be a rather large vacuum leak.

Before I take the engine cover back off, does anyone know which components/hoses in that area could be causing the hissing/vacuum leak? (Picture attached for reference)

Area of hissing/vacuum leak

Old 08-04-2020, 02:10 PM
1st Gear
Default Hissing Passenger side, PCV? Intake?

Ho,
Having the same issue. Was thinking the PCV as well

Did you find out what was going on?

Much Appreciated !

Old 07-20-2021, 07:20 AM
1st Gear
Default Same thing on my 06 standard HSE

Originally Posted by kplatinum777
Hi. I have a 2006 Range Rover with the 4.2-liter supercharged engine, which I acquired as a project car

I've had a persistent CEL and when I pulled the codes, it said that both banks were running too lean. That makes sense, because the RR stalls immediately after a cold start, has a rough idle, and surges. I opened the hood and can hear hissing very close to the left side of the engine, near the PCV valve under the engine cover. I have replaced the PCV valve, but it was hissing before that. Since the hissing is significant enough for me to hear it, I'm hoping I can avoid a smoke test and solve it myself. It appears to be a rather large vacuum leak.

Before I take the engine cover back off, does anyone know which components/hoses in that area could be causing the hissing/vacuum leak? (Picture attached for reference)

Area of hissing/vacuum leak
you will find it’s your crank case vent or as rock auto calls it. Oil separator. It will be the o rings on the vent inside the valve cover. I found the same issue last night on mine. I had to order from an oem site and part was about $60 shipped. Hope this helps