Range Rover L322 (3rd Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover L322 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L322 Cranks but No Start - No Code - Fuel Pump at 50psi when jumped

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2023, 01:41 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L322 Cranks but No Start - No Code - Fuel Pump at 50psi when jumped

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I have a 2004 L322 HSE with 130K miles. I just bought it 6 months ago and have limited knowledge of what has already been done to it. The vehicle has ran great but now has a big problem. It cranks with no effort to fire a cylinder. First though was starved for fuel and probably has original fuel filter. Ive read a lot of posts and have done most common checks.

Issue 1 - The fuel pump isn't running when i turn the key on. And i am getting no pressure on fuel rail. I have power to the relay and have swapped the neighbor relay to make sure it's not the relay.
Issue 2 - I jumped out the relay and the fuel pump runs. It delivers 50 psi to the fuel rail solid. But then it still doesn't fire when turning over.
Issue 3 - I have had no OBD codes. (I did disconnect the battery for a while hoping for a "reset" of something. So now I have suspension error etc but I'm sure it's because it can't calibrate while being strapped down to my car trailer.
Issue 4 - i disconnect breather house to the intake and used starter fluid. A few cylinders fire when I do that. And with the fuel pump running, It almost runs. I had the intake valve unplugged and propped open enough to squirt start fluid into. But the point was to check to see if there was spark.
So, the conclusion is that I have the three things needed, just not all at the right way.
Question - With no codes, where do i begin?

All tips greatly appreciated!