Range Rover L322 (3rd Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover L322 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From Land Cruiser 200 to RR

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 11:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From Land Cruiser 200 to RR

Sold my modded 17' Land Cruiser 200 and picked up an 07 Range. I used to have a Disco I as well. The LC was great but just doesn't have the same character and tank-like feel of LR.

I would a few questions about my L322 and would love your feedback:

1) Compared to the Land Cruiser it seems like there is a lot of wind noise coming from the windshield - is this normal?

2) What is the most commonly used larger tire to run on the factory 19" wheels without rubbing?

3) Do most of you lift with rods or do you do coil conversion? (My EAS is original at 98k miles so I see the occasional suspension fault)

4) My radio/head unit is being overhauled with new modules (BT, sat nav, amplifier etc). How do you insulate them from getting water damaged in the future?

5) The dom lights and power mirrors are not working. Are these by chance powered by the amp or is this likely a fuse?

6) The dash says low on coolant yet I see pink in the reservoir. Picked up European Prestone and noticed the sticker in the engine bay shows a diagram that says no to green coolant and yes to pink. The Prestone European is blue. Is it safe to use?

Thats it for now. Super excited to be back in a RR!

Old 10-05-2022, 03:36 PM
Overlanding
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wind noise should not be noticeable. L322 is very quiet cabin. Maybe the last owner installed a non-OE windshield that isn't insulated. Check if there is an Land Rover emblem on the glass corners.

Don't know about 19's as I run 20's. But you can be on 32 inch diameter tires and be on bumpstops and still be able to drive off slowly if necessary. Anything larger and you will damage fender and potentially components behind it if air suspension go out.

I lift with rods. I don't know anyone who has done coil conversion. I've asked two different independent LR shops and they don't have many people doing conversions. If you bought a RR, its probably bc you enjoy the soft feel of the air suspension. So much better than my other truck on coil overs.