Range Rover L322 (3rd Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover L322 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sudden random no start issue? Intermittent?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 02:25 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sudden random no start issue? Intermittent?

Hello all,
2011 LR RR HSE not supercharged. Everything has been fine and then all the sudden went to leave last weekend and truck would just crank but not start. Tried 3 times. So disarmed and armed and tried again and started right up thinking it may be some type of fuel cut off or some electrical fluke. Then was great for almost a week until yesterday my wife ran to the grocery store and bam would not start again. She tried multiple times. Doing the same thing I did and no success. Once I arrived for grocery rescue I tried disconnecting the battery and resetting and then tried to start again until I killed the battery. Got it towed and left it overnight then this morning jumped it and it started right up? Drove it around to recharge the battery and then restarted multiple times with no issues? I suspected fuel pump however I really have no symptoms of bad or failing fuel pump? Once it's running it drives totally fine no hesitation, rough idle or stalling? My hunch is something electrical. Has anyone experienced similar issues? No CEL either? Is it possible to get it scanned and see if there may be any DTC codes? Where should I start the diagnosis? Thank you for any recommendations.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:44 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was fine for 4 days and happened again?

I've been trying restart after driving for 4 days now with no issues. I have restarted it at least 25 times at different times. Then yesterday I took it golfing and after it sat for 4 hours it would not start again and I had to leave it in the parking lot. I'm going back this morning after letting it sit overnight like last time and am hoping it will fire up like last time. Still stumped?? Any ideas?? I am going to pull the carpet and check the in tank fuel pump connections today for any evidence of shorts or bad connections. I'll update after I see if it starts this morning.