Range Rover P38 (2nd Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover P38 within.

Mysterious water leak in foot wells when raining - SOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 01:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mysterious water leak in foot wells when raining - SOLVED

Recently, every time it rained the carpet in the foot wells on both the front driver and passenger sides of my '97 P38 would be saturated. I was in the process of replacing the dash as well as the blend motors and the heater-core o-rings, so i had a clear view of water dripping from the bottom of the pollen filter housings. My first thought was to replace the pollen filter covers, but that didn't do a thing. Eventually (very-long story made short), I discovered the culprits were deteriorated foam-rubber gaskets that usually fit under the plastic clips that hold on the cowl vent. In particular, it was the two clips (one on each side) that sit directly above the pollen filters that were allowing water to drop down directly onto the filters and into the filter housing. I would never have guessed so much water would get in from such a small opening, but after applying some silicon to the base of those clips, my cab has been dry - no more leaks when it rains. The Land Rover part, if you're having a similar issue and want to replace them, is AWR1675. The local dealership said they're about $4 each, and you have to buy a package of 10. Hopefully the pictures will help make this a little more clear. Good luck to anyone chasing down a leak . . .it's the most frustrating thing!

sorry - can't figure out how to get the 4th picture oriented correctly

Attached Thumbnails Mysterious water leak in foot wells when raining - SOLVED-image1.jpeg   Mysterious water leak in foot wells when raining - SOLVED-image3.jpeg   Mysterious water leak in foot wells when raining - SOLVED-image4.jpeg   Mysterious water leak in foot wells when raining - SOLVED-image5.jpeg   Mysterious water leak in foot wells when raining - SOLVED-image7.jpeg  

Mysterious water leak in foot wells when raining - SOLVED-image8.jpeg   Mysterious water leak in foot wells when raining - SOLVED-image9.jpeg  

Last edited by WarrenZ; 09-13-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: picture oriented incorrectly
Old 09-14-2018, 04:21 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 846 Likes on 633 Posts

Good find. Thanks for posting for others.