Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.

AMK Compressor Reliable Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 07:59 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AMK Compressor Reliable Replacement

First time poster.

We have a 2010 Range Rover Sport HSE. We started to get an error, Normal Ride Height Only. I did some research on here and some trouble shooting on the vehicle and found a lot of common issues between what I experienced and in the forums. The compressor would kick on, about 10 seconds later, kick off, error message. Same one. Disconnected battery, cleared messages, same thing again. I figured it was the Air Dryer since we have a 2010.

Well...I finally was able to get under the truck and pull the compressor out and it seems in 2012 it was replaced from the standard Hitachi to an AMK at the dealer. I guess there was an issue compressor change a while back as a dealer notice that if a compressor goes bad and the vins are of a certain set it gets replaced with an AMK. In addition, it seems whomever installed also pinched the airline and wore it right through so glad I just dropped this thing to check.

Anyways, I am in need of a good recommendation for a replacement. I haven't seen anywhere really how to rebuild these and I would just prefer but a new one and some of the extra parts and put it back together as normal with the same model compressor.

All the ones I have seen on Amazon seem hit or miss in reviews.

The unit with the worn line.

The model on the compressor after I got it down.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:29 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little update, found out from the dealer that current updated model of the AMK compressor for the vehicle (via the VIN) is part number LR072537. Its a kit that comes with the compressor, connector hoses, etc...

Just that the dealer price is ~$1,500 for the part. UGH.

They did say even though I had an AMK compressor, replacing with a newer model AMK compressor which range rover suggested also means that I have to get a software update for it from the dealer.

I did manage to score the suspension parts blow out for the lines from the parts rep.