Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.

Bluetooth shorting out

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021 | 12:30 AM
|
2nd Gear
Default Bluetooth shorting out

I have a 2011 Range Rover Sport L320 with a Bluetooth issue. It shorts out and each time I have to disconnect the battery to reboot the Bluetooth. This last only about 5 minutes and then it shorts out so I have to disconnect and reconnect the battery to reboot the system. I pair my phone again with ‘2121’, phone screen, address book functions for about 5 minutes. A short crackle, then a ‘pop’ and the screen shows no phone connection. I then have to start all over again.
Would it be the Bluetooth unit, the head unit, the Satnav or possibly a connector somewhere? All the ‘fibre optics’ are connected and working.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-27-2021 | 03:10 PM
4th Gear
Thumbs up

Hey I'm kinda having the same issue. My BT seems to work after I reset the battery, but then it loses connectivity.
In my case I'm looking to replace the BT unit itself. Do you happen to know the location of it? If I come across more info or a better answer that may help us both I will let you know!

-D-

Old 07-27-2021 | 09:07 PM
|
2nd Gear
Default Bluetooth shorting.

Originally Posted by DreamTheater
Hey I'm kinda having the same issue. My BT seems to work after I reset the battery, but then it loses connectivity.
In my case I'm looking to replace the BT unit itself. Do you happen to know the location of it? If I come across more info or a better answer that may help us both I will let you know!

-D-
hi,
if you go to the rear of your car, at the right hand side is a small door, the Bluetooth module is behind that.
you will need to remove the whole panel to get to it as it’s in the middle is “ Black “ once this panel is removed you need to unplug the “ MOST-BUS” and the power connector, you will find a cable tie there cut it then push the small clip and pull it up and remove.
then undo the four teck screws.
good luck.

Old 03-05-2023 | 02:01 AM
1st Gear
Default Bluetooth Module

I have the same issue. Connectivity failed with a battery change and then miraculously worked for a few hours after an alternator change. They are expensive to replace so has anyone had success with disconnecting and reconnecting?

Originally Posted by HE10W
hi,
if you go to the rear of your car, at the right hand side is a small door, the Bluetooth module is behind that.
you will need to remove the whole panel to get to it as it’s in the middle is “ Black “ once this panel is removed you need to unplug the “ MOST-BUS” and the power connector, you will find a cable tie there cut it then push the small clip and pull it up and remove.
then undo the four teck screws.
good luck.