Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.

Front air suspension valve block access - Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 12:03 PM
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Front air suspension valve block access - Supercharged

Hi all-- I'm brand new to the forum. Quick background: a year ago I purchased a little bit of a beater 2007 RRS HSE since I always though they were incredible looking cars. I had come from owning exclusively BMW sedans. After I bought the car I met some folks who are pretty serious into off roading their 4Runners and Tacomas. They were gracious enough to let a European car into their fold and I've since gone on some challenging trips with them. The best parts have been how impressed they are that a mostly stock RRS is as competent as it is on the trails. They have been so much fun and I'm seeing trailing as a new hobby.

Question
A few weeks ago I purchased a 2006 RRS SC that is in phenomenal condition-- sick of being frustrated by the paint and other physical issues with the HSE. The car clearly needs a front air suspension valve block. After I noticed the car settling to access heigh overnight on all four corners, I removed the EAS fuses and found only the front two shocks lowering.

It seems replacing the EAS front valve on the HSE is pretty easy, however after removing the front right wheel well on the SC I found an aux radiator in the way. From the inlet on the front bumper I can see the valve, suggesting removing the front bumper is the most reasonable way to access the valve for replacement. That sounds less than fun. I couldn't find any info online about replacing the valve on the SC model so I come to you as a last resort. Does anybody have experience with this or know of a way to replace that front valve without disassembling the front of the vehicle? Thanks a lot for reading!

Last edited by aaronfreyer; 10-30-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Best of my recollection on the super charged you have to pull the bumper cover to access

Old 11-11-2019, 09:02 PM
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To circle back on this, in case RRS SC owners are looking for some insight-- I did remove the front bumper, which was not too bad working alone.

1. Remove the grill
2. Remove the two head lights
3. Remove the top and bottom bumper screws
4. Remove the lower screws under the wheel wells that attach to the bumper. I did not have to remove the entire plastic wells.
5. Remove the fog light power connectors

I did not disconnect the headlight washer tubes on the left side. I left the bumper leaning against the car and the ground.

Accessing the valve block was still not the most convenient as the front brace of the frame is in the way and there is not much excess to the three air tubes attached. Making work of a 12mm wrench, I slowly let the air out of each tube and reconnected to the new block.The reverse operation took about 20 min. Total job about 1.5hrs in the dark. I'll see tomorrow if the valve block was the actual problem. Hoping the suspension is at Normal height on all corners.

Last edited by aaronfreyer; 11-11-2019 at 09:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by aaronfreyer:
e_chops (01-30-2022), pedro775 (01-08-2020)
Old 02-16-2021, 06:24 PM
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All,

Just chiming in here. There was no way I was going to remove the front bumper. There are 5 aux radiator bolts (2 on the left, 3 on the right). From there hang the aux radiator. Next there are x2 8MM bolts that you can see from the back. Reach round on the right side and you can feel the two bolts.

Now you're golden.

The following users liked this post:
e_chops (01-30-2022)