Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.

L320 - Removing Roof Rail (Original plastic inserts)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 01:29 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L320 - Removing Roof Rail (Original plastic inserts)

Hi,

My first time posting so happy to be re-directed if I’m not following correct procedures. I have searched for my issue but can’t find the answer I’m looking for.

I have recently purchased a 2011 RR Sport and, whilst in very good condition, it has some roof rails on it that I’d like to remove. I’ve done my reading and had a go at removing them last night. The 2 screws at the ends come out fine and the ends pop off. I followed this by removing the 3 larger screws in the middle. The whole roof bar come off easily in 5 mins.

The issue I have is I don’t have the original plastic inserts to go into the rubber strip that sits on the roof once the rail is removed. I understand that to install the rail these inserts were removed to reveal the three large holes for the installation screws to be inserted.

My question is; can anyone direct to some replacement inserts so I can remove the rail without having 3 larger holes in the rubber strip on each side of my vehicle roof?

Im of the belief that maybe these plastic inserts only come with a new roof weather strip which I would be happy to pay for if needed. A part number for this would be really appreciated - again, I’ve done some reading but finding it hard to track down what I need.

(Its always worth noting that the edge of each of the holes in the roof strip is fairly ‘chewed up’ from over tightening of the roof bar. It might look better to just replace both whole strips to get a better look - rather than putting inserts in but still seeing the installation damage around the holes)

I welcome any advice/part numbers offered. Thank you.

Old 05-25-2022, 07:21 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I’d start by calling a dealership or rover parts.