Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.

No power on low rpms

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 12:17 PM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No power on low rpms

Hello!

I found this forum with many hopes for good advise!

I have Range Rover Sport 2.7d year 2007 automatic transmission. Long story short - no power on low revs. With cold engine it does not move at all. After few minutes warming up, it starts to react on gas pedal and slowly moves. When it reach ~2.5 rpm, turbine turns on and it runs good. But until ~2.5 rpm it accelerates super slowly.

Now short story long:
- For few months I had issue fluctuating rpms going on constant speed or accelerating slowly. But only between 30 to 60 mph. going faster or slower it run good.
- when accelerating faster car was struggling - engine shaking (I don't know how to say it correctly in English, I hope you understood what I mean.) But I had feeling that engine is missing something - fuel or air. (But few weeks ago I changed fuel pump (in fuel tank) and fuel filter, and air filter)
- Few days ago I was driving to country house and I lost power on low rpms. It was very hard to accelerate. When turbine started it run great. Next day I couldn't start the car. It turned on but immediately switched off. It showed faults - transmission fault some gears are not available, HDS fault, Parking brake fault.

I am stuck in small city and no Range Rover service is available. I read in forum that it can be faulty battery or brake bulbs. I charged battery but still nothing, break bulbs are good. I towed it to biggest car service on this small city and they started to dig.

- They found faulty EGR valve. Changed it and we could finally turn on engine. But still no power on low rpms. ( Like almost no power at all)
- They said it could be transmission. We agreed to change oil in transmission, filters and some other stuff (some very expensive stuff) but no result. Still no power like before. Computer showing no errors.
Only now as a bonus front suspension is down. Maybe they did something to air pipe while changing transmission pan.

They have no idea what it could be. Could you please give me some advice where to look?

My apologies about long post. I am quite desperate now.

The following users liked this post:
ktomo (08-22-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 05:26 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have simular problem

experiencing a similar problem, what was the final outcome of the cause of the fault
regards kev
Originally Posted by daavisk
Hello!

I found this forum with many hopes for good advise!

I have Range Rover Sport 2.7d year 2007 automatic transmission. Long story short - no power on low revs. With cold engine it does not move at all. After few minutes warming up, it starts to react on gas pedal and slowly moves. When it reach ~2.5 rpm, turbine turns on and it runs good. But until ~2.5 rpm it accelerates super slowly.

Now short story long:
- For few months I had issue fluctuating rpms going on constant speed or accelerating slowly. But only between 30 to 60 mph. going faster or slower it run good.
- when accelerating faster car was struggling - engine shaking (I don't know how to say it correctly in English, I hope you understood what I mean.) But I had feeling that engine is missing something - fuel or air. (But few weeks ago I changed fuel pump (in fuel tank) and fuel filter, and air filter)
- Few days ago I was driving to country house and I lost power on low rpms. It was very hard to accelerate. When turbine started it run great. Next day I couldn't start the car. It turned on but immediately switched off. It showed faults - transmission fault some gears are not available, HDS fault, Parking brake fault.

I am stuck in small city and no Range Rover service is available. I read in forum that it can be faulty battery or brake bulbs. I charged battery but still nothing, break bulbs are good. I towed it to biggest car service on this small city and they started to dig.

- They found faulty EGR valve. Changed it and we could finally turn on engine. But still no power on low rpms. ( Like almost no power at all)
- They said it could be transmission. We agreed to change oil in transmission, filters and some other stuff (some very expensive stuff) but no result. Still no power like before. Computer showing no errors.
Only now as a bonus front suspension is down. Maybe they did something to air pipe while changing transmission pan.

They have no idea what it could be. Could you please give me some advice where to look?

My apologies about long post. I am quite desperate now.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:30 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

having a similar problem
what was the final outcome of the fault or cause

Old 08-23-2021, 03:05 AM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the end I towed car to range rover service. They seperated chasis from cabin and did a lot of work. Biggest problem was that becouse of faulty EGR valve hot air was burned a hole into inlet manifold and dusts get inside of the engine. Ended up with 5000 eur fix just becouse year ago I put chinese EGR valve not origional.