Range Rover Sport L494 (2013-present) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I Buy a 2018+ Range Rover Sport TD6?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 09:13 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I Buy a 2018+ Range Rover Sport TD6?

Should I Buy a 2018+ Range Rover Sport TD6?

I have done a lot of research on these and other diesel suvs, I have a diesel truck currently. This sport would be for my wife.

Comparing to other suvs, we keep coming back to the sport td6. End of the day we want one no hiding that, ticks all the boxes, sure it’s a bit more money but oh well.

My only concern is reliability, issues etc. I have read issues all over the map but have also read positive stuff as well. I understand people like to complain so they post more negative info then positive typically.

I can handle minor issues hiccups etc that’s with anything you buy now a days anyways but don’t want to deal with headaches after headaches..

Closest dealer will be an hour away from our house so that isn’t ideal so don’t want to have a lot of issues to have to deal with.

Would you buy another?
Does pros out weigh any cons?
With 2018 or newer, have they been “better” then older ones?

thanks in advance!​​​​​​

Old 02-26-2021, 07:05 PM
3rd Gear

Hey! So I was in the same boat as you. I just recently sold my Jeep that was a diesel and loved the push of the diesel with slightly better then average gas mileage. I just picked up my 2018 TD6 RRS last week. Couldn’t be more happier with it.

If I were you try and find one that’s certified for a good price. That way you don’t have to worry about anything going wrong. Land Rover is pretty good with their customer service. Atleast for me in the tri-state area.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:19 PM
5th Gear

I can give you my $0.02 cents. We have a 2017 RRS TD6, 64,000 KM. Not a singe issue (other than the rotors and pads needing to be replaced super early in our eyes). Car has been solid and trouble free. I will say however our lease ends this Wednesday and we are moving to 2021 RRS P360 mild hybrid / gas engine. In truth, the diesel is noisy AF. It has plenty of low to mid end punch, no question, but it is a loud motor overall. Here in Toronto in the winter, when we back out of the garage and onto the driveway in many circumstances the cabin fills with the smell of diesel. We leased ours thinking we would safe at the pump (with diesel). I can't say we ever look at that anymore. These models (under SVRs) are highway cruisers. The tranny is not athletic, with a set of 22s summers on, the ride can be a bit jarring. Apple Car Play was retro fitted last year, the two platforms do not really work well together. If you purchase the full OEM replacement rotor and pad kit from British Atlantic, you will save 2.5-3K! Something we will do again. Other than the above, I say go for it.

Old 12-04-2021, 08:16 AM
7th Gear

I would buy one. I have a 2019 TDV6 with 70k miles and love it. I personally don't find the diesel very loud at all. Mine has never had issues. I am really disappointed they discontinued diesels. I would have bought the same car again.

Diesel is much better than hybrid for long trip/commutes.