Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

'00 Discovery Series II TReK edition 67K miles!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 03:31 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 Discovery Series II TReK edition 67K miles!!!

With much regret I decided to put my beloved original 2000 Land Rover Discovery TReK for sale. The main reason behind this decision is purely economical. I love the car!!! I spent 1 year looking and looking for a Disco II TReK in this condition to show up in the market.
Main point is, it is for sale now. If you don’t like to be noticed, then look somewhere else!
I will not give away this car. It cost me big bucks. I’m ready to take a loss, but again, I will not give it away.

This is the second TReK I own. The first one was one from the first batch of Disco I’s, with the 5 speed manual transmission and in yellow. I sold that one with hopes to be able to find a Series II with low mileage and all the equipment, which I eventually did.

I will try to describe the car to the best of my knowledge.

Mechanical
There is not much to say, as there is absolutely nothing wrong with the engine, transmission, brakes, etc. At just over 67 thousand miles, this is a really low mileage example of this classic. Of course, it does not smoke a single ounce of oil. As you can tell from the pictures the engine bay is spotless.
None of the fault indicators in the instrument panel are lit, so no surprises there.
One important improvement to the rear suspension system is the replacement of the original air suspension with standard hydraulic shocks. This eliminates the common failure of the air bladders.
Cruise control works perfect.
Dual control climate control works flawlessly.
All 4 tires have less than 8.000 miles on them. Full size spare has never been used.

Exterior
NO RUST. That’s one of the highlights of the body. No rust anywhere, guaranteed!!! I bought the car in California. The body is perfectly straight, with no signs of previous accidents whatsoever. There is a small dent on the lower panel of the passenger door, but hardly noticeable (see picture). Molten Orange paint is still shiny. All graphics were replaced recently, so they are shiny as well. There is absolutely not a single crack, scratch, etc in any of the windows or windshield.
Rims are steel NATO style, match painted in molten orange (spare rim is mat black).

Interior
The interior is in great shape. Upholstery is near perfect. Only the driver’s side seat has a total of 3 cracks by the door side (2 on the seat and 1 on the backrest). Both front seats have all-weather original Land Rover seat covers, which are used but in good shape. Rear seats are perfect. The all-weather covers are included and have never been installed.
The headliner is perfect, with no loose edges. No sagging.
The handbrake boot is worn out, but I bought a new one (original LR) which I include with the car. All instruments work just as they should.
Power windows work perfect. Power mirrors work perfect. Power seats work perfect. Only the passenger side seat does not move forward/rearwards (I hear the relay click and the seat vibrates, but no movement). The rest of the functions work perfect.
Alarm works perfect. Central lock works perfect. Two full function keys with remote are included.
There is a newer stereo with CD player and Sirius receiver installed about 1 year ago. Sound system is Harman Kardon with premium sound quality.
The carpet is spotless, with no stains, etc. Door panels are great. 4 original LR rubber mats are included (driver is somewhat worn, rest are perfect).
Cargo area is absolutely perfect. Carpet is perfect. Original LR cargo mat in perfect condition is included.

Equipment
The car has Safari Gard rear bumper, rock sliders and front bumper, extremely heavy duty. On the front bumper there is a Warn XD9000i winch in perfect working condition. The wired remote is also included. There is a full roof rack (aluminum) made by Safety Devices. Original LR rear access ladder also included.
Two Piaa driving lights installed on the front bumper, 4 Hella lights installed on the roof rack, and one Hella Matador work light installed on the roof rack also.
Rear light grilles installed. Rear bumper lights are LED.
The underbody is heavily protected with ¼” solid steel plates by the crankcase, transfer case, transmission, differential and fuel tank. This does not only make the underbody bulletproof, but the vehicle is also more stable (because of the lower c.g.).

As you can see the car is as perfect as you can get it. This is a true turnkey off-road vehicle, or a street legal head turner. In my case this is my daily driver, never been off-road. Last owner sold it just because he had bought a 2003 TReK.

I have a clear Florida title. Car has original Owner’s Manual and related documents, neatly arranged in original leather binder.

Only a few of these cars made it to the US. This one left the Land Rover Special Vehicles factory in UK on 08/2000. If you’re a Land Rover enthusiast, you can not miss this car.

Car is for sale locally and in a few other sites, so I reserve the right to remove it early from auction.

No warranty is offered with this sale. No warranties are implied.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:53 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '00 Discovery Series II TReK edition 67K miles!!!

Do you have any pictures?