Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1995 Discovery 1 200tdi

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 01:49 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Discovery 1 200tdi

*** SOLD ***

I've had the Disco for about a year and a half, and drive it 2-3 times a week to work, and on weekend camping/wheelin' trips in the hill country. Currently in the Clear Lake Area of Houston, TX.

I planned to keep this beast forever. My wife and her tendency to produce offspring has other plans. We are now building a house and i don't need a 3rd (cough) 4th vehicle.

Spent almost all its life in Texas. I bought it from a buy in Mass. Though, he only had it a few years. The PO before him did the conversation. The engine is a re-sealed ex-MoD engine, and runs like a top. Starts INSTANTLY, and has never left me stranded, or not started, etc. If you don't mind cruising at 65 mph, i would drive it across country. I've taken numerous 600-700 mile trips, and never had a single issue. I get about 22-26 mpg, depending on my foot. (try that in a 3.9 V8).

The owner that did the conversation took his time to find a rust-free, Discovery 1 with manual cloth seats and no Sunroof to keep things as simple as possible. Vehicle does not leak from any window seals, etc. I've had to park it outside since i owned it, and never a single drop gets inside. All electric windows, mirrors, etc. work perfect. Keyless entry, alarm, homelink garage opener etc.

I can email you a quick spec sheet i typed up with further information, and add-ons, along with many HiRes photos. I can also take additional photos upon request, just tell me what and where. I want to be completely transparent with the transaction, and look for a quick and easy cash sell.
My data sheet has much more information on the truck. (add-ons, new parts, etc.)

Minor Issues:
- AC needs a recharge. There is not real leak, but the two large compression fittings that screw into the compressor work loose (diesel vibrations i'm sure). I did an evac/recharge and changed receiver/dryer last summer, blew ice cold. Just noticed it was low again a few weeks ago after it got warm here on the coast.
- The truck will steer to the left under hard braking. Probably needs a new or rebuild caliper. I just learned to live with it and doesn't affect daily driving.
- Steering box leaks slightly. I added Lucas power steering leak-stop (one of the only snake-oils i actually believe in) and it slowed enough to not even worry about it. I've had to re-add maybe 1/3 of a bottle since i first did it over a year ago. Steers fine.
- The clutch seems to slip under certain conditions. It's only in higher gear, under hard acceleration, and only when engine has been fully warmed for a while. It could possibly be the crank shaft seal that is spraying a fine oil-mist into bell housing/clutch?? It's always kind of done it, and i just live with it. It is NEVER an issue when in low-range, or crawling around in low gears. Worst case it needs a clutch. It hasn't gotten any worse since i owned it, so i'm just used to it when it happens.
- Drips/seeps a little oil, as all rovers do. Doesn't seem to burn any. I add MAYBE a half of a quart of oil between changes (4-5k mikes). Which is really exceptional.
- lastly, some of the doors won't auto-lock or unlock with the keyless entry. It comes and goes. they all work manually if needed. Most importantly, the drivers door ALWAYS locks/unlocks with remote.

Over-all this is an awesome vehicle in amazing shape that can be used to get groceries, cruise around town, or drive up and over the San Juans, and fjord rivers. Simple amazing truck. It might be a pig off the the line, but it will climb a wall. Hardly a ding and scratch.

Please email for further information and my contact information.

Regards,
Jonny B.

email:
jhboult(at sign)gmail(dot)com

Last edited by Boultman; 04-24-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:54 PM
Three Wheeling

emailing you now. very interested in how much you're asking.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:34 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Excellent truck, I am currently building something similar. Good luck with sale, what are you asking by the way?

Old 02-28-2014, 04:59 PM
Mudding

Wow nice truck bummer you have to sell it. Good luck with the sale!

Old 02-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Drifting

I'm asking $13,900. It's about what I have in it. Of course, I will entertain reasonable offers. Not trying to make money here. Just trying to thin out the fleet. I wanted to test the waters before I go the CL and Fleabay route.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Drifting

Truck is still for sale. I've been preoccupied lately, but now back and more motivated to sell. Here is my listing on ExPo. It has more photos and information. I still drive the truck a few times a week.

Reduced Price: $11,900. Reasonable CASH offers entertained. Great Truck.

1995 Land Rover Discovery 1 200TDI w/R380 - Expedition Portal

Cheers.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

You should look to posting this on DefenderSource.com as well, lots of guys there who love trucks like this.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Drifting

Thanks for the heads up. I'll register and post there as well.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Drifting

SOLD LOCALLY

thanks.