Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1996 Land Rover Discovery Cameron Concepts Supercharged - $12,5000

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by WNYErikDiscoII
And then ask for your money back immediately?

In all honesty, this is one of our local customers and I can vouch that this truck is the real deal and probably one of the nicest D1's left in the country. It is exceptionally clean and no expense has been spared when dealing with maintenance. They are a Rover family and every vehicle they own is meticulously maintained to the highest level.

No I'd re-list it for $1,250 duh.

But for real, I will argue that it's not close to the cleanest D1 in the country(and not 1 of, either), as 185,000 miles ages a vehicle quite well even with great maintenance.

I will say that if this thing is perfect, then I cannot understand why it would be posted without extensive photos to justify the high price tag.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BeckiB
Thanks, Erik, but I do think I've posted this truck on the wrong forum.

I guess these guys just don't know what they're looking at & they don't really want to ask. Probably just a guy thing, like asking for directions - they always know better anyway.

For those of you who are interested in owning a little bit of Land Rover history - it's listed on AutoTrader and Hemmings.

If you have any real questions about the truck, please pm me. Unless you want to continue entertaining all of us with your Seinfeld-like jabbering.
You're probably correct, this is likely not the place to get top dollar for a vehicle. Most people on this forum are about keeping an inexpensive old truck running or building one up from junk. If you can find a buyer through those other listings that considers this truck to be unique enough to justify the price, then good for you. It certainly is one that I never knew existed. It is obviously somewhat modified from its original condition but your truck looks great, especially for a D1 that has lived in Buffalo. I went to college at UB and most vehicles turned to dust after being expose to all of the salt used there on the roads over the winter. Good luck with the sale.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
But for real, I will argue that it's not close to the cleanest D1 in the country(and not 1 of, either), as 185,000 miles ages a vehicle quite well even with great maintenance.

I will say that if this thing is perfect, then I cannot understand why it would be posted without extensive photos to justify the high price tag.
You're not allowed to argue until you've personally sat in it.

She will provide photos to people who are truly interested in buying it, not bashing it.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WNYErikDiscoII
You're not allowed to argue until you've personally sat in it.

She will provide photos to people who are truly interested in buying it, not bashing it.
Good point Erik as this always confuses me... There has to be a point where a well maintained vehicle with a list of quality replacement/modification parts & professional workmanship has to be considered before simply handing down a cookie cutter "its worth only this much" price, right?

Old 11-17-2014, 07:48 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

and there is a certain point where you can put so much money into a vehicle that you will never recover it, case in point. and a good mechanic or supplier will warn you of that happening.

Last edited by drowssap; 11-17-2014 at 08:58 AM.