Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1997 Disco w/Great Basin, Rovertym stuff

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:22 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Disco w/Great Basin, Rovertym stuff

I needto buy a pick upso I must part with my beloved Disco. This vehicle is in excellent condition yet I encourage you to come and inspect in person before buy asI cannot describe or take pictures of every single thing on the vehicle. All these addedfeatures have either been installed by or with the assistance of a Land Rover master tech. This vehicle has over $8000 in upgrades alone. It's like buying the upgrades and getting the truck for free!
Drivetrain: Front: 4.75 reverse cut ring and pinion gears by Great Basin Rovers, open diff. Rear: 4.75 ring and pinion gears, Detroit locker and heavy duty Maxidrive axle shafts by Great Basin Rovers. (This gearing is low enough to accomodate up to 37 inch tires and and not exceed the original overall ratio). Front series II double cardan drive shaft and t-box flange. Rear stock drive shaft (not Roto-flex type) Front and rear QT style diff protectors. (Note: speedometer reading is off due to changed gear ratio in the diffs) 107k miles.
Suspension: Rovertym 3" lift springs, Rovertym offset front radius arms (left one is hinged with removablebolt for greater articulation), Rovertym heavy duty rear trailing arms, extended brake lines, Fronthas Procomp ES9000 nitrogen shocks, rear has Procomp MX-6 adjustable nitrogen shocks.
Wheels and Tires: New (1000 miles ago) 4 - 33/12.5/15 Procomp all terrain tires on 15x8 off set steel rims from Trek Outfitters. (perimeter bolts are a trim ring, they are not beadlock) Spare tire is a used 33/12.5/15 Goodyear MT/R. Tires and drive shafts have been balanced and it doesn't have vibration problems on highway or otherwise.
Body: Rovertym rock sliders which have a few scratches but are in good shape (they've been shortened a bit to fit big tires). Rear bumper is custom made out of 1/4" steel with rear qtr. panels trimmed for ground clearance. Custom front bumper/skidplate with WARN M8000 winch in excellent condition (only used about 3 times).Wheel wells have been enlarged to custom fit Discovery series II fender flares and bigger tires. Hood blackout is a bedliner type coating, not a sticker.
Steering: Relocated steering dampner to front and installed new OME steering dampner.
Recent Maintenance: I've fixed the expensive usual Land Rover leak -Complete head gasket job done at dealership about1200 miles ago (included freshly machined cylinder heads, new head bolts, gaskets, front crank seal, etc.) It's a very expensive job (over $2000) but I hated the fact that it leaked oil.
Exhaust: new Magnaflow muffler, rear resonator removed
Leaks:Still hassome very minor wet spots around the steeringbox and transfer case.Normally leaves a small pea sized drop of oil about once every other day(If your familiar with Land Rovers you'll know this is a minimal)
Other notes: RPM's are about 3k at actual 65 mph. Gas mileage is about 14 in town, 16highway and will go 300 miles on a full tank. Has factory 6 disc cd changer. Hastwo LR3 suspension compressors pumps custom linked and installed under the hood for airing up tires after a day of off roading. Moon roofs both work good. power, heated seats work good. Heat and A/C work great.Has had regular fluid and filter changes. Has "Homelink" built in garage opener remote. This vehicle has been out west (desert climate, no salt) since new and doesn't have the rust or corrosion problems you'd find on an eastern state vehicle.
I've tried to describe everything as acuratelly as possible and in as much detail as I can but feel free to ask questions or come see it with your own eyes before bidding. It's not showroom perfect but it's in good shape for it's age and it'sa great daily driver/ off road/ expeditionvehicle. Good luck.
Here's a partial list of the modificationcostsNOT including installation:
Great Basin 4.75 diff gears and install kits, front and rear --$450 x 2[/align]Rear detroit locker---$600[/align]Rear GBR axle shafts---$600[/align]Diff guards--$150 x2[/align]Rovertym 3" suspension lift ---$1400[/align]Rovertym rock sliders---$625[/align]Custom front and rear bumpers/ skid---$800[/align]Warn winch ---$600[/align]Disco 2 fender flares ---$???[/align]Off road tires and rims---$1400[/align]Disco 2 front drive shaft and flange---$300[/align]$7000 Call Sam 702-379-2966 (Las Vegas)[/align][/align]

Old 01-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1997 Disco w/Great Basin, Rovertym stuff

Any pics?