Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2000 Disco II needs fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 10:50 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Sold****2000 Disco II needs fuel pump

*****************SOLD*****************

My 2000 Land Rover Discovery II SE7 has finally quit on me. Left me stranded on the freeway. I'm done putting money into this thing.

Mechanic tells me it needs a fuel pump as well as a crank sensor. Also, that he "can't figure out why the rollover sensor keeps tripping."

It has tires less than a year old on it. Air suspension was swapped out for heavy duty springs from Atlantic British with OME shocks and steering stabilizer a few years ago. In the last 24 months I have replaced both coils, wires & plugs. The driveshafts have been replaced years ago (after reading that they frequently fail).

I pulled the headliner out a few years back after the sunroof was left open long enough in the rain to destroy it. Needs a front bumper after taking out a deer just weeks after I switched to liability only insurance....

It was running fine until this breakdown.

I'll see about getting a pic or two up here.

185K miles on it. Currently sitting at the shop in Joplin, MO.

Make me an offer. Tires alone are worth $600

You can reach me in my office at 417-625-3013.

Last edited by Sine Mora; 09-07-2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 08-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Tell your mechanic to replace the crank sensor.

The ECU will not power the fuel pump if there's no signal from that sensor.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by Sine Mora
My 2000 Land Rover Discovery II SE7 has finally quit on me. Left me stranded on the freeway. I'm done putting money into this thing.

Mechanic tells me it needs a fuel pump as well as a crank sensor. Also, that he "can't figure out why the rollover sensor keeps tripping."

It has tires less than a year old on it. Air suspension was swapped out for heavy duty springs from Atlantic British with OME shocks and steering stabilizer a few years ago. In the last 24 months I have replaced both coils, wires & plugs. The driveshafts have been replaced years ago (after reading that they frequently fail).

I pulled the headliner out a few years back after the sunroof was left open long enough in the rain to destroy it. Needs a front bumper after taking out a deer just weeks after I switched to liability only insurance....

It was running fine until this breakdown.

I'll see about getting a pic or two up here.

185K miles on it. Currently sitting at the shop in Joplin, MO.

Make me an offer. Tires alone are worth $600

You can reach me in my office at 417-625-3013.

$100 Cash.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:13 PM
7th Gear

Apparently it runs when the rollover sensor is reset, but then trips again at random times. I will try to nurse it back to my house tomorrow.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Sine Mora
Apparently it runs when the rollover sensor is reset, but then trips again at random times. I will try to nurse it back to my house tomorrow.
Really? Have you tried to replace the rollover sensor?

Old 08-17-2014, 04:29 PM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

Sounds like a bad intertia switch (rollover sensor). I have dozens of them. $10 and I'll have one on its way to you.

That is, unless you'll take $110 for the whole truck. That cheapskate, Abran, was insulting you with such a low offer! He was probably going to give you the $100 in coins!!!

Old 08-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Default Price?

What's a ball park your are looking to get for your rover? Hard to make offers on such conditions without a starting point.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:24 AM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Hey, if he is not willing to post according to the rules, I thought I would throw out my offer. He can always name his price.

Paul would probably offer you $200... In parts trade.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:26 AM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by abran
Hey, if he is not willing to post according to the rules, I thought I would throw out my offer. He can always name his price.

Paul would probably offer you $200... In parts trade.
Hey, Abran, don't show him all my cards!

Old 09-01-2014, 09:30 PM
7th Gear

My apologies if I broke a posting rule.

I've ordered a crankshaft sensor and have had time to cool off after being stranded on the interstate. I'd be interested in replacing the rollover sensor as well if you're really up for selling one for $10. How easy is that to replace?

I'm taking a look at an 06 LR3 later in the week. I'll get to searching to see what problems I should be looking for in an 8 year old LR3.

Quick Reply: 2000 Disco II needs fuel pump