Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2004 7 Passenger Disco II for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014 | 07:23 PM
|
4wd Low

This is my first experience on this forum and I'm a little disappointed. I was looking to sell my Disco II so I look online and see a bunch of DIIs not as nice as mine listed at $15k and up. I list mine for $500 below the current suggested fair market price and after not seeing much action I post on here to get some feedback. I drop the price $500 every 3 or 4 days until I got some interest. I sell it to a very nice and very well informed long time LR owner for nearly $2500 below suggested fair market price and I'm the *sshole?

You guys have to understand that worth is a relative term. Is Instagram worth $1 Billion? To Facebook it is. Is Beats Electronics worth $3 Billion? Two weeks ago it was worth 1/3 of that, but Apple buys it for $3 Billion and thats what its worth today. One of the owners of the Arizona Diamondbacks paid almost $3 Million for a T206 Honus Wagner Baseball Card. A baseball card!?!?!? Is that guy ignorant? Is the previous owner a d*ck? Is that card worth that money? It might not be worth it to you and me, but I'm sure Ken Kendrick feels like he got an awesome deal.

Yall have to cut people some slack. I'm happy, the buyer is happy, her husband is getting one heck of a father's day present, and they're son is getting their current Discovery.

Relax
Be happy

Old 06-02-2014 | 10:39 AM
Pro Wrench

Sorry things got so heated on this thread. Being that most everyone here is well aware of the true cost of owning a D2, the price you were asking seemed way too high but I agree that things are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. There are plenty of sources of information available to anyone looking to buy a vehicle today so as long as you don't try to misrepresent anything (like tape over the 3 amigos, pull bulbs, dump stop leak in the cooling system, etc.) then congratulations on the sale. As an owner of a D2 in New England, I will now feel less like of an idiot every time I put more time and money into this thing!

Old 06-03-2014 | 10:02 AM
|
4wd Low

I hear you. The Disco is in great shape and I guaranteed it passes inspection in whatever state is was purchased in and or pay for anything needed to clear inspection.

Curious, new short block because of an issue or just want it to last forever?

Originally Posted by 04duxlr
Sorry things got so heated on this thread. Being that most everyone here is well aware of the true cost of owning a D2, the price you were asking seemed way too high but I agree that things are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. There are plenty of sources of information available to anyone looking to buy a vehicle today so as long as you don't try to misrepresent anything (like tape over the 3 amigos, pull bulbs, dump stop leak in the cooling system, etc.) then congratulations on the sale. As an owner of a D2 in New England, I will now feel less like of an idiot every time I put more time and money into this thing!

Old 06-04-2014 | 08:21 AM
Pro Wrench

The story behind the new block is the vehicle was purchased in Maryland by the second owner as a certified used car. He happened to be a parts guy at a dealership. The engine developed an intermittent misfire that nobody could figure out so they pulled the heads and found some of the cylinders were out-of-round. After some back and forth with LR, they finally sprang for a new shortblock under the warranty. The heads were fully rebuilt and the engine was put back together at about 67k. At about that same time, the owner had a kid and found out that the baby seats didn't fit in the back seat very well so he sold it. The kid that bought it from him then sold it to me with about 82k on it. When I bought it, it had the ARB bumper, extended SS brake lines, a freshly rebuilt front propshaft, OME springs and shocks and recently repaired sunroof drains. I paid $10,500 for it 3 years ago.