Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Absolutely free 2000 disco 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad it all worked out Bill, I'm so happy it's going to someone who appreciates Rovers. Someday maybe I'll own another one but they weren't built to sit. Safe travels tomorrow and I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Old 10-15-2014, 09:28 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Too bad that super nice guy that's so concerned for us other rover owners that he needs to try to discredit products that are actually available didn't end up with it. I'm certain karma had nothing to do with it.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04duxlr
Too bad that super nice guy that's so concerned for us other rover owners that he needs to try to discredit products that are actually available didn't end up with it. I'm certain karma had nothing to do with it.
Honestly the reason Bill ended up with it is he got ahold of me at the right time. The other guy deemed it necessary to text me at 3:00am. I was less than inclined to even try to think about logistics at that time. And it helps that I know Bill will do something useful with it. Like I said, I like the disco, always have. I just don't have time to keep it up when I am away from home 325 days a year. Thanks to everyone on here that helped with all of the knowledge and tips to keep it going while we had it. Look at it as my way of paying it forward. So yeah, maybe karma.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,210 Posts

I do truly appreciate it, I know the first thing will be getting the exhaust squared away, and sorting out the SAI issue. Oh and a spare tire

Thanks again Pat,

I look forward to meeting up some day and drinks are on me.

By the way just because you don't own a rover doesn't mean you can't stop into the forums anymore. People that understand the rover community and rover people are always welcome.

As for the Karma aspect, I knew helping fix random broke down rovers for people I'd never met at Off Road events would pay off eventually lol

Last edited by ArmyRover; 10-15-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Been a long day filled with driving. Half the day though was driving a well cared for Disco back to Chicago. It was a great trip in a really good truck.

I'll post up details tomorrow, right now I just want to get some sleep lol

Thanks again Pat it really is a great Discovery

Old 10-16-2014, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

OK one pic, I can't help it. Fresh from a quick wash at my dads before the last 100 miles home.
Name:  IMG_20141016_170610_zpsvnwqzlcw.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  155.8 KB

Last edited by ArmyRover; 10-17-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

OK so here is the story...

Left my house in the NW burbs of Chicago at 4am and drove to my Dad's house 2 hours away in NW Indiana. Met up with him loaded up some needed items, tools fluids, jump pack and a spare battery and set off for Ann Arbor MI. 3.5 hours of Father Son bonding time later we arrived.

I got to meet Pat's super nice wife, she went over a few issues she knew of with me and handed over the title and keys to my new to me Discovery.

My dad and I promptly got to work changing out the battery, and checking out the issue with the prop shaft hitting the exhaust. Didn't see anything amiss so I decided I'd take it for spin and see what I could figure out. After about 50 feet I knew the front prop shaft was the issue. So rather than get them in trouble with the apartment complex, I went a half mile down the road with my Dad following to Meijer's (midwest Walmart competition). Where I picked up some rubber gloves and we got to work dropping the shaft in the parking lot and locking the CDL. Then it was off to Costco for fuel and a hot dog lunch.

Then we turned west towards home. Got it out on the highway and it performed great, and it was just crazy. The first time I've traveled quite a way to pick up a Rover, and everything worked and it had a radio. I paid for the other ones and the free one doesn't have a single fault inside, aside from the seat heater on the drivers seat (who cares lol). The interior is immaculate and you can see the love the Discovery had with Pat and his family. It drives great and just has a few issues to take care of to make it damn near perfect.

It's need list so far has grown just a bit but all are minor issues. Needs a passenger side headlight rock hit put a hole in the glass. Needs front calipers as both are dragging my guess is from sitting. Needs a prop shaft for the front, already on it's way from lucky8. Other than that a good wax and a bit of rejuvenation of the flares to make her one extremely clean disco.

My wife and daughter already love the discovery, and we're looking forward to using it for family trips in the future! My favorite quote from my wife "You should stick to free Land Rovers this is much nicer than any of the ones you have bought!" My favorite daughter quote "Mom this is nicer than your truck"

I'll start up a new thread to follow her progress. I hate to say it as I love to modify cars but this one is just so nice and clean that I think I will endeavor to just make her as clean and stock as possible.

Once again a huge thank you to Pat and his wife for the wonderful gift of a great Land Rover.

Last edited by ArmyRover; 10-17-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Name:  IMG_20141016_105119_zpshielvtt4.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20141016_105127_zpsiehrib1y.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20141016_170520_zpssyvy4fom.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  140.3 KB

Last edited by ArmyRover; 10-17-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice!! Free is a good entry point for these, makes it more fun with less to worry about.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

The new front prop shaft will be here monday-ish. I'm probably going to be adding a right front caliper to the list.

Stopping by the pick n pull on Monday, to see about getting a passenger side head light, marker light. Maybe a ladder that I saw on a 03 DII there a few weeks ago.

Quick Reply: Absolutely free 2000 disco 2