Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

custom bumper building

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its astounding to me that you know what I know. What he's building for SS does not clash with the lines, will you just STHU already. Do you really have to comment on every post? Chill the flip out already. Some people......sheeesh!

Originally Posted by expeditionnw
hes given everyone a great bumper? by what standard? its poorly welded, poorly designed, and clashes with the body lines of a rover. everything can hide with black paint.

it itls astounding to me that those in the know have collectively agreed on the poor quality, design, and construction, yet all of you who know nothing about steel fabrication or welding in general are not only ignoring the facts, but actively support this hack.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Mudding

Sounds like he has a portfolio on all of us since he already knows our credentials. ..I think he works for the nsa jdogg..

Old 10-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is obvious here that some don't really care that he took a picture of a super clean cage with very precise notching and welds and passed it as his own...and the only tube work he has shown pictures of has 1/2" gaps that will be needed to be filled with who knows how many passes and then ground smooth to hide that fact. I applauded his efforts until the cage thing surfaced and I saw the sloppiness on the pre-runner style bumper. I'm no fabrication pro but I know what I would and wouldn't put on my truck and this ain't something I would. Apparently all you fan boys are going to buy these bumpers no matter what so screw it, but for 150-200 more and a little looking you could get a tried and true quality bumper that will cut a deer in half and survive a hell of an impact...but whatever. A lot of us have been around the block a time or two when it comes to Rovers and wheeling and all we can do is offer our advice and constructive criticism, if nobody wants to listen and get all defensive then f*** it.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by CUpgt
It is obvious here that some don't really care that he took a picture of a super clean cage with very precise notching and welds and passed it as his own...and the only tube work he has shown pictures of has 1/2" gaps that will be needed to be filled with who knows how many passes and then ground smooth to hide that fact. I applauded his efforts until the cage thing surfaced and I saw the sloppiness on the pre-runner style bumper. I'm no fabrication pro but I know what I would and wouldn't put on my truck and this ain't something I would. Apparently all you fan boys are going to buy these bumpers no matter what so screw it, but for 150-200 more and a little looking you could get a tried and true quality bumper that will cut a deer in half and survive a hell of an impact...but whatever. A lot of us have been around the block a time or two when it comes to Rovers and wheeling and all we can do is offer our advice and constructive criticism, if nobody wants to listen and get all defensive then f*** it.
Don't you know by now that we don't know sh*t?
C'mon Ian, lets go cruise the mall.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by fishEH
Don't you know by now that we don't know sh*t?
C'mon Ian, lets go cruise the mall.
You think I'll need my CDL locked?

Old 10-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Camel Trophy

You think I'll need my CDL locked?
Only for the tactical hardcore parking curb crawling.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by fishEH
Only for the tactical hardcore parking curb crawling.
TATCTICAL HARDCORE!?! Oh man, that sounds intense. Hope I don't break a locker.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Camel Trophy

TATCTICAL HARDCORE!?! Oh man, that sounds intense. Hope I don't break a locker.
You can fix your locker with the money you saved on one of these bumpers.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Mudding

That's funny you mock the mall when I clearly explained my 5'9" blonde wife won't need an arb super Internet ninja bumper to look at stilettos and panties at Victoria secret. You guys seem to insist she needs more. I never claimed to need anything more than to be able to withstand a Labrador, cause the factory one didn't. .. you should be trolls somewhere else

Old 10-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

you guys are all mean.. just mean, I say.

*sketcky bumper builders
*cheapskates
*pirates
*tattle tales
*bullies
*dog killers

shame shame shame.

Quick Reply: custom bumper building