Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Disco Safari rack and awning

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:34 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco Safari rack and awning

Full safari roof rack and awning with mosquito netting (for 2004 Land Rover Discovery) for sale - 3 months old, works great (tested out in colorado this summer) $800 for both ($1600 new) - see www.roverracks.com and ARB website for pictures and details - 504-717-5282

Old 08-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Drifting

Any bites yet?

Old 08-18-2009, 12:20 PM
4wd High

one, but his wife was unenthused about the idea -

Old 08-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Drifting

That was my wife. I found out she was surprising me with a trip to Mexico for my birthday in January, I am still working on her though.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:37 AM
4wd High

oh, good, I was actually thinking of calling you - if you are still interested, I basically hate trying to sell things, am not in a big hurry to sell it, and most particularly don't want to deal with scam artists responding to craigslist, etc (I was contacted by a few of those) - and things are getting crazy as work, school (I'm enrolled in a graduate program) crank back up- so, if you are down this way in october and want to take a look at it (or even down as far as tennessee because I make frequent trips there to see my horses) , I won't bother to try to list it on various landrover club sites, etc - as I clearly won't be doing any camping in the next few months, I took it off my land rover and put it in my laundry room/shed (garages are almost unheard of in new orleans) - however, my landlord will not be happy with that on any longterm basis and I really don't want to pay to store it - my court (I'm a lawyer working for one of the judges at the state court of appeal) is in the french quarter and so my parking is in a building with double decker parking and valet parking and I'm a little concerned about leaving it to the valets to park (visions of it getting caught on one of the elevator treads!) - it is sort of a cool setup (I used the canopy in place of a tent - with a wooden cot - and a chair for reading - I was tired of crawling in and out of backpacking tents which are fine for backpacking but . . . of course, best laid plans and all that: my german shepherd decided to share the cot with me so it wasn't all that comfortable in colorado this summer trying to sleep on half a cot- and I got called back to tennessee for an equine emergency that is going to stress my finances to the max for the next year or so, although I'm not complaining because the prognosis is much better for my horse than my finances! it would be a great setup for camping over in florida at the beach because it's cool and breezy, etc. - but florida is five hours away and I need to spend most of my travel time going to tennessee to check on my convalescing mare or to maine to visits my son at bowdoin college - I'm guessing you have much closer access to good camping areas in wisconsin than we do in new orleans!)

Old 08-23-2009, 09:02 PM
5th Gear

hey candace. just sent you a message.

on a side note, what's the community think of roverracks now? how long is everyone going to hold on to the safety device dream?

Old 08-24-2009, 05:17 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

i heart the rover racks thats what i plan on buying when i have the cash flow.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:18 PM
5th Gear

all's i know is that they look sweet and pretty close to the sd design. everyone says to check around, but i haven't really read anything bad about them lately... i guess the emphasis is on lately.

i'd like to hear from folks that have purchased a roverrack recently.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:35 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

still got the rack for sale?
what is shipping on them anyway .
98503 is zip
thx.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:25 PM
4wd High

yes, it is still for sale - I drove to florida to pick up the roof but I believe the shipping was going to be somewhere in the $75-100 range - I'll go by the local UPS office and see if I can get a better estimate - thanks!

Quick Reply: Disco Safari rack and awning