Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS: 2003 Discovery SE7

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 07:33 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up FS: 2003 Discovery SE7

For sale: 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE7, black on black, approximately 119,300 miles on the odometer. Located in Los Gatos, CA.

This vehicle was a daily driver for my wife from new until May 2013.

In 2010 at ~95K miles, the head gasket blew, the engine overheated and slipped a cylinder liner. We paid over $6,000 to have the engine replaced with a new block, so there are approximately 25K miles on this engine. About March of 2013, we started hearing the tell-tale signs that there may be a leak in the head gasket again (gurgling in the heater core loop during acceleration from a stop), so we drove it gingerly for a few months before purchasing another vehicle. Since then, this one has sat on the street, driven occaisionally for trips to the hardware store. The coolant has never run low with the new engine so this engine probably just needs a new head gasket.

The pads and rotors have been replaced all around within the last 20K, along with the power steering pump.

The right front window regulator was replaced recently. All windows work well.

The SLS system was converted to coils (reversible if you please).

There is a small current leak somewhere, so the battery will discharge if not driven daily. I suspect the culprit is an aftermarket Alpine/BMW to iPod adapter (I have the original CD changer).

The right side of the vehicle has some water spots on the paint from being hit by sprinklers. These can be buffed away. The right front bumper made contact with a parking garage bollard, and it is cracked and needs to be replaced. There are two small “keyed”-like scratches on the right rear door that can use some touching-up/buffing. There is some peeling under the windshield on the left side.

The interior is in good shape, the most significant issue is a little fabric wear on the left rear door panel. There are all-weather (rubber) mats all-around. The vehicle also comes with removable roof rack cross-bar rails.

You can see photos here.

Asking $3,000 OBO. PM me if you are interested. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by ewd1970; 01-01-2015 at 06:14 PM.