Retired - Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

New to the Disco Community

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 10:19 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Disco Community

Hi all,
I'm finally ready to commit to a disco after wanting one for a while but putting it off due to all the problems I kept hearing about.

I really want an '04 d2 to use as a DD.

My problem is that since I am a noob mechanically, I don't trust myself to properly inspect a potential purchase. I've been reading a lot on this forum lately which has been invaluable. My cars up until now have all been quite reliable, so while i'm not looking forward to the future headaches, i'm excited to start getting my hands dirty and learning about these cars.

Any advice on how I should go about finding the right rover for me? Should I find one that someone already put a lot of work into or should I find a clean one that needs work for cheaper? I've seen a bunch of listings at dealers, but don't trust them and can't really confirm the vehicle history and care like with a private seller. Hopefully i can find an enthusiast that's happy to pass on his baby to a future enthusiast.

Thanks in advanced to any replies.

Andrew