ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Bin Laden Killed

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer to think of myself as " American who doesn't drink the Kool Aid". Which last I checked was exactly the principle this country was founded on yet we've lost that all together. Now if I you question anything your labeled a USA Hater and have "love it or leave it" grenades lobbed at you.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the exact reason I hate politics.

One simple subject turns a bunch of what previously used to be gentlemen into a pack of rude ********.

Lets just agree to disagree, let it at that, and all STFU.

Jesus.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:54 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jacumja
....Now if I you question anything your labeled a USA Hater and have "love it or leave it" grenades lobbed at you.
What???? You lost me with the bad grammar

I can't believe I got sucked into this worthless thread....I think it's time it got deleted.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
WOW, there's a little bit of everything here in the DI section....let's see we've got 9/11 Truthers, America-Hating-Canadians, "I'm embarrassed to be an American"-Americans, "The Government and the corporations are out to get me"-Americans"....
I'm the each to their own until they try to hurt my family and then I'll kill you type of American.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:10 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I went through this little politics thing for a little bit yesterday too, but now I'm realizing the real reason we should be debating.

Bin Laden's death has NOTHING to do with politics. It has nothing to do with your personal hate of America or its government. It has EVERYTHING to do with giving piece of mind to the thousands of families affected by 9-11. We will never forget the men and women who lost their lives that day, and those who fought overseas to never let it happen again. This is a WIN for all of those men and women no matter what your opinion is on the subject.

And yes, we will chant USA USA USA at the top of our lungs because yesterday, a politically divided country was united as one. ONE nation celebrating the death of a mad man who took the lives of thousands of our citizens. At the end of the day, we are always united and yesterday was proof of that. People hate when we succeed, and I love every minute of watching them squirm.

kthanks.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Well said Cam, well said.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha Ha!!

Best one "An American who doesn't drink the Kool-Aid"!!

The world laughs at us because we follow our leaders???

I remember a little skirmish a couple hundred years ago where we Americans quit following our leaders and put a line in the sand…

“Corporations Own Us”?

No no my friends - Our Greed owns us.

This country is great. The core foundation of this country is right and just. We aren’t always the best at what we do. We don’t always make the best choices about what we should do. We never seem to think of others when we make our choices. And we can never claim to be perfect…

BUT

The world runs to one country every time they are in need. Whether it be food, money, protection and/or leadership.

We (Americans) don’t claim to be the greatest. The rest of the world does this for us. And the American people (the tax payers) have always given with open hearts to those in need. We (the tax payers) have never asked the world for anything in return.

BUT

We’re starting to. We’re waking up from the dream the Americans which came before gave us. We’re rubbing the sleep from our eyes and seeing that corruption from the highest office to the lowest man on The Hill has taken our dream from us while we were sleeping.

We have lost our way over the last two decades. Greedy men and women have found their seat in our highest offices and have been steered us from what is right to a direction of what is best for their personal wants.

Our people have lost sight of what it means to be American. We sold ourselves to fashion, music, drugs, professional sports, real housewives of wherever and to make believe worlds created by men and women with dark intentions. We forgot that these indulgences are the perks from working hard and not asking for hand outs but instead asking what can I do next to improve the land which gave me the right to work hard for myself and to help others. We quit putting in to the system and started demand it to put out.

In short Americans became lazy.

The death of Bin Laden – a mere ploy for a liar and cheat just working to retake a seat in Washington he has no right to. A man, in my opinion, who is the greatest terrorist from within.

“America will not die by bombs from the sky, but from a million paper cuts inflicted from within.”

My generation has done what no other country has ever been able to do for the last 250 years. We have destroyed America.

So laugh at us. Make fun at our “following our leaders”. Continue to ask for our assistance at the cost of my children’s future. Base the value of your country on the value of mine. But remember this – at some point the subjects of any land run by the corrupt can and will rise up to take back what was taken from them by the unjust and unfit. And we will never forget those who opposed us and laughed at our demise. And we will not be so forth coming to others of the things that make us the greatest nation.

Greed will not be the death of my dreams.

And I will ask that someone tell me how in the hell I can get better gas mileage out of this damn Disco!!!!!!