ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

cash for clunkers

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default cash for clunkers

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....h-for-clunkers

Very complicated but limited funds for this thing so Rover owners need not worry.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:45 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i wasnt to begin with,,,,

Old 07-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Team Owner

Me either.
Some were.
I thought it was interesting though, I heard a car dealership radio commercial the other day and they mentioned it so I started looking around and just wanted some useless info.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:34 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

They've made the requirements so strict that 99% of people shopping for a new vehicle won't qualify. None of the vehicles on the list of qualifying vehicles are ones I would consider because of my needs in a vehicle.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my problem with getting rid of my gas guzzling emission spewing clunker - ITS PAID FOR. Why would anybody want another car payment with jobs being so hard to come by. I live in northern IN where most of the RVs and manufactured homes are made and unemployment is through the roof. I know a better way to stimulate the economy - quit bailing out big business, they got themselves into the mess.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Team Owner

Being in the South Bend/Mishiwaka area then you know that the unemployment rate here in MI is almost 16%, nobody here is going to buy a new car either.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 PM
TReK

im just outside seattle. it seems the economic crash kinda crept in here a bid behind the rest of the country.

i live in a upper middle class area and even here homes are not selling. i do not see many new cars and temp plates at i have in the past. the indy shops are fixing old cars vs. people buying new.

things have slowed to a crawl. more people are out walking and going to the local parks then before. basically it does not matter if you make 30k or 300k. everyone is feeling it in some way.

i have a client who could not get a loan on a new merc with 50% down and a near perfect credit score,,,, that says something.

i asked the woman who did my loan for my rover last year if i could get that same loan today,, she laughed,,,,,

sad sad times for sure

Old 07-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Team Owner

I learned my leason when I was married to my first wife, leaveraged to the gunnels...now I pay cash for everything...she is still leaveaged to the gunnels.
If I dont have the cash I dont need it.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my credit is shot bc of my old car and bad habits... but it seems credit doesnt matter as much as some people tried to convince me it did... losers

Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by discoxd
my credit is shot bc of my old car and bad habits... but it seems credit doesnt matter as much as some people tried to convince me it did... losers

mine is pretty well shot from trying to support my ex fiance when she was sick. then she got a better and bailed. left me high and dry to pay for everything. that was a lesson learned with women,,,, but when my best friend needed some help with a promise to pay me back,,, $6k and 18months later nothing!!!!

safe to say that i only pay cash for things. i DO NOT loan money PERIOD. i DO NOT have sympathy for a bad situation you created.

mine is my own set of **** and i dont ask for sympathy so i do not give it

Quick Reply: cash for clunkers