ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

I have a HUGE complaint

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
and then they add the HID fog lights on top of that...I want to pull out my 7mm Mauser and take them out of my misery.
I've never understood why people use fog/driving lights anyway. A very small percentage of driving lights I see are aimed correctly. The vast majority are pointed about 30 feet in front of cars, which is utterly useless if you're going over 25 or 30mph.

Last edited by antichrist; 10-04-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:27 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I have HIDs in my truck now, I had them in my Rover and I had them in my Dodge. I will continue to use them because I like the light output and color. If they offend people driving low riding vehicles, not really my problem. I chose to drive a truck because of my needs in a vehicle and I don't feel guilty about it. If someone chooses a vehicle that sits lower than my truck that's their problem and they have to deal with it. There is no reason I need to be penalized. And if I'm bothering people in cars that means that my headlights are aimed down at the road where they're supposed to be.

And Spike, I do remember that you were thinking about installing HIDs in your truck.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I must put 3 hid conversions in bikes a week, and I try to tell these people, the Osram 55/65 watt bulbs that come in your bike are designed to work with the reflector in your bike. a kit made by a fly-by-night chinese company is GARBAGE.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover
I have HIDs in my truck now, I had them in my Rover and I had them in my Dodge. I will continue to use them because I like the light output and color. If they offend people driving low riding vehicles, not really my problem. I chose to drive a truck because of my needs in a vehicle and I don't feel guilty about it. If someone chooses a vehicle that sits lower than my truck that's their problem and they have to deal with it. There is no reason I need to be penalized. And if I'm bothering people in cars that means that my headlights are aimed down at the road where they're supposed to be.

And Spike, I do remember that you were thinking about installing HIDs in your truck.
I was going to but I wont want to be a d ick to everybody else on the road.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:24 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by Spike555
I was going to but I wont want to be a d ick to everybody else on the road.
Kind of late to start worrying about being a dick now, isn't it?

Old 10-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

as i said before every minivan and rav 4 with spinner hubcaps has an HID conversion

Old 10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Kind of late to start worrying about being a dick now, isn't it?
Nope.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
as i said before every minivan and rav 4 with spinner hubcaps has an HID conversion
I know most people dont care, but they are illegal and that isnone of the reasons I wont do the conversion.
I had thought about it long and hard, figured out which headlight kit I wanted and even where I was going to order it from, but then changed my mind.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

I may have an acceptable solution................
I run an atv/ snowmobile repair shop and these vehicles are of course used in some demanding conditions.....last year I sold a guy a pair of "all weather blue" head light bulbs for his sled, And since they have the same mount base as my disco I thought I'd give them a try.
now these arent your average "blue" bulbs....they are 100 watt on high and 55 watt on low beam ...so they are more powerfull than what came in my '98 disco , the light is definitly clearer on both beams and and better in the weather, and plenty bright enough on high.
I've seen some blue bulbs at auto stores for $50 or more....but they're not 100watt.
these AWB's should only cost ya $25 or so at your local sled or bike shop

Old 10-07-2009, 06:50 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by XCELLER8
I may have an acceptable solution................
I run an atv/ snowmobile repair shop and these vehicles are of course used in some demanding conditions.....last year I sold a guy a pair of "all weather blue" head light bulbs for his sled, And since they have the same mount base as my disco I thought I'd give them a try.
now these arent your average "blue" bulbs....they are 100 watt on high and 55 watt on low beam ...so they are more powerfull than what came in my '98 disco , the light is definitly clearer on both beams and and better in the weather, and plenty bright enough on high.
I've seen some blue bulbs at auto stores for $50 or more....but they're not 100watt.
these AWB's should only cost ya $25 or so at your local sled or bike shop
100 watt bulbs are just as illegal on public roads as the HID conversions. I'm sure you've noticed the lack of DOT certification or "off road use only" markings on those bulbs. Personally if I'm going to run illegal headlights I'd prefer to do it without exceeding the power draw that the headlight circuit is designed to handle.

Quick Reply: I have a HUGE complaint