ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Land Rover sale (PLEASE READ)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008 | 05:50 PM
|
Rock Crawling
Default Land Rover sale (PLEASE READ)

i know ive been away for a very long time but i thought i needed to come on here and clear some things out. obviously as you know Tata is in the final stages of talks and so on with Ford about selling them jaguar and land rover. and im a BIG fan of Both, Eespecialy Land Rover. and im sorry but selling them to some indians wont cut it for me. i dont care if the uk is linked to india and what not but if they make this sale they are definatly going to lose some of my loyalty. peopole love land rovers and i think the biggest part is because its British. and british cars are the best (im sorry whatever nationality people read this) but land rover is british and thats the way it should be, built in britian. and not in india were it becomes the same as other 4x4 out there. i so honestly wish i could ring up the ford man and just tell him to get his act sorted.

Im loyal to the british Land rover and have been for many years but if this sale goes through i dont think there will be any new land rovers on my drive....

sorry for the massive rant
[/align]

Old 02-01-2008 | 02:53 PM
TReK
Default RE: Land Rover sale (PLEASE READ)

Your not the only person that is upset at the sale.
A friend of mine of told me that after spending sometime
in India and seeing some of the TATA trucks that almost
ran him down more than once that its hard to think
of TATA as a Luxury brand.

I was surprised how upset he was.
He told me that that made up his mind to sell his D-110 now
and the D-90,,LR3,,, and the 97 Camel Disco in the near future,, I wish I had Camel Discoor the D-110 but where
to put them.

To replace the only daily driver the LR3 his wifes he will
buy a BMW M5, but I think his wife may have something to
say about that, she is a big Land Rover fan.

Old 02-04-2008 | 01:45 PM
Drifting

the future cannot change the past boys. Rover hasn't been going in the best direction for a while now.

Old 02-10-2008 | 09:56 AM
Three Wheeling

This is true, but are Rover sales not up?? because it seems that everybody wants one, and anybody who can afford one gets one.. At least that's how it seems. I see way more new Land Rovers than new Jaguars

Old 03-05-2008 | 01:50 AM
4th Gear

This is a good news I belive.
http://icseftonandwestlancs.icnetwor...name_page.html

Old 03-19-2008 | 11:25 PM
Three Wheeling

Well i just came back from the PAG building in irvine and news on the floor is that they are trying to borrow money to go forth with the deal, they dont have the money upfront to buy the brands. And sorry to the JAG fans but their plans if the sell goes threw is jag will be cut off from land rover and sold to god knows who.

Old 03-26-2008 | 08:54 AM
Mudding

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1206...googlenews_wsj

It happened today I hear.

Old 03-26-2008 | 11:04 AM
Mudding

Yes it did happen according to USA today. My only concerns are since Ford Purchased Land Rover, we have seen some of the previous quality issues resolved. Although there have been some issues with electronics as most of us know that is standard for any British vehicle. My only concern is the quality going forward. Most of us have never seen a Tata automobile, cause they can't seem to get them into the US. They also reported in the article I read, that Tata knows it has to spend more money to fix some production problems with Land Rover. They made no real mention of what they need to do for Jaguar, and where the money they intend to spend first. This is quite a change for Tata motors when the average price in U.S. Dollars is somewhere around $11 to $15k from what I have seen to vehicles that sell for 4 and 5 times that. My feelings are that this sale should have never taken place. What is going to be trade in values for us that own Land Rover vehicles. When we go to trade them in are they going to be de-valued?I was looking to upgrade my '01 to an LR3 in the next 18 months, so what is that going to mean to me when it comes time to trade?

Old 03-27-2008 | 09:37 AM
Winching

I am seeing more LRs on the road and after this sale i think we will see more Tata is a HUGE company and they are willing to dump some green into it. they know if they Clean up LRs reputation they will get some serious recognition think of it an Indian company cleaning up a brittish lux brand what a slap in the face. they are also familular with LRs roots and with their roads n such will still demand a REAL LR so i think the defender will stay put. i figure might as wll look for the positive LR has realy only one way to go, up. It is the worst rated brand.

Old 03-27-2008 | 10:11 AM
Winching

Every Tata 4x4 I've ever seen online looks like outdated Nissan Frontiers or Tacoma's. I reallllyyy hope they leave the design team up to whoever in LR is doing it now. As for Jaguar...they need a change. I think their cars look dated and overpriced for the style. I've talked to my grandfather about this a couple times, so it's probably an age thing but he would rather have a Jag no matter what the price. I would rather have a Lexus or a new Cadillac for a luxury car...never would I consider a Jag.

I like that Ford is continuing supplying drivetrains..that should make the transistion a bit more smooth

Quick Reply: Land Rover sale (PLEASE READ)