ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Land Rover sale (PLEASE READ)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008 | 11:00 AM
Winching
Default RE: Land Rover sale (PLEASE READ)

i had an 89 jagVandeplas never had a problem got rid of it with 150kmiles
loved it. liked it better than the bmw740i

Old 04-04-2008 | 07:23 PM
4wd Low

This relationship can only be parasitic from an engineering standpoint. Both BMW and Ford are well established and have contributed to Land Rover/Jaguar from a technology standpoint. Tata will benefit from Land Rover for their own know how, but what will they serve up to Land Rover/Jag? I think international clout & status boost are behind Tata's acquisition. The symbolism in India is inescapable; An indian company acquiring control of a major British pedigree. Wasn't that long ago that Britain owned India right?

I wonder if the Royals will still drive Land Rovers?

Old 04-06-2008 | 08:45 AM
Overlanding

Actually, BMW only bought Land Rover to get their hands on the HDC system and some of the interior designs. That is why the BMW suv has a type of HDC in it now. Eventually it would have happened but this was quicker. Ford bought Land Rover for some of the suspension designs...and to sap any remaining funds out of Land Rover that it could find. They did invest a lot of money into the Land Rover design teams though. But, since Ford's Lincoln and Mercury brands have been losing money Ford decided to make huge cuts on the dealer and support side of Land Rover Corporate. I'm personally glad that Ford is selling Land Rover. They are concerned more about cupholders than unique design. That is why the LR3 looks more like the other SUVs out there. TaTa has a ton of money. They are not afraid to spend it. The Land Rover will still be built in England.And TaTa may be Defender's way in to the US market. I can't say that I know much about the Jaguar side of things because I work for a Land Rover dealer. But I do know that the main reason that Ford is selling Land Rover is so that they can unload the money pit Jaguar who has been in the red for a long time.

Old 04-08-2008 | 08:57 PM
Winching

hopefully TATA WIL DUMP SOME GREEN into LR and Jag iorn out a bug or 10 add a 100k 4yr warrantee or grow some ***** and bump it to 150k miles and that will help boost consumer confidence add some advertising. wala
i know i live in BFE but I do Have Cable and I have seen mabie 4 comercials this year at the most.
Let people know they are still alive. Before you know it LR and Jag are leaders in the game.

Old 04-09-2008 | 06:32 AM
Three Wheeling

In the sales agreement TaTa signed, they agreed with the British Labor Union for LR to continue production and design in England. What they do after that contract expires[sm=rolleyes.gif]...

The advertising I have seen (for LR not Jag) has been on Discovery, National Geo and NHL games. Seems to me that they're targeting the adventure user vs. the street ride user.

Old 06-16-2008 | 05:45 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: cplthomas

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1206...googlenews_wsj

It happened today I hear.

Let's just hope it won't affect Land Rover style [:@]

Old 08-15-2008 | 11:13 AM
5th Gear

Ford is a dismal organization. Their autos have been racked with poor quality for years. LR can only improve with the sale.