Michigan LR Club - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:36 PM

Default Michigan LR Club

Would there be any interest?

Anyone interested in starting a club/group; to get together for outings and such? Just a club/group, where like minded folks can get together and have trail rides or cook outs. No committee members, dues or rules (besides wanting to have fun). Ohio and Chicago seem to have active clubs...so, why doesn't Michigan with all of its stateland, 4-wheeling opportunities and beautiful resources?

If you think you would like to take part...let me know.

Brian.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deputy View Post
Would there be any interest?

Anyone interested in starting a club/group; to get together for outings and such? Just a club/group, where like minded folks can get together and have trail rides or cook outs. No committee members, dues or rules (besides wanting to have fun). Ohio and Chicago seem to have active clubs...so, why doesn't Michigan with all of its stateland, 4-wheeling opportunities and beautiful resources?

If you think you would like to take part...let me know.

Brian.
They used to have a club/clubs, just like Wisconsin did. For whatever reason they petered out.
Facebook is a good way too keep things casual and keep people talking.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
They used to have a club/clubs, just like Wisconsin did. For whatever reason they petered out.
Facebook is a good way too keep things casual and keep people talking.

Thank you. I'd done some searches, regarding both of those organizations before, and found nothing active. I'll research the facebook idea, and starting a group like the Ohio group has.

Just throwing out the idea here to see what may pop up.

Thanks, again.

Brian.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:50 PM

It appears we 'Michiganders' are somewhat boring individuals If you do get a group together, please let me know. I'd entertain the idea if I know my Rover will make it out of the woods!

It's nice to see signs of Spring here. Gives me a little pep to my step
Old 04-14-2017, 06:10 AM

Surely will. I'm hoping we see a bit more action here soon. Funny, the Ohio folks have quite the group/interest. They're actually having an event in Grayling July 14th/16th, and was hoping to tag along...but remembered I have a car event in Pittsburgh that same weekend...darn it.

But, while I was down to Eric Brown's place in Ohio (4X4 Trailhead)...he's active in their group and mentioned they may try to throw something together this fall...and said just keep an eye on the Ohio Green Oval Facebook page.

Brian.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:34 AM

I've got a Discovery for sale if you know of a good home I have it on Craiglist @
http://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/6121251305.html car is located just outside Boyne City
just south of Petoskey. Thanks John 231 459 6074.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:26 PM

Nice D1 there John. Cruise control is an easy fix........ free up the rotor on the vacuum pump and replace the rotted vacuum line to the diaphragm.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:15 PM

Yeah, nice one. I'm not from Michigan although I used to live here. I'm thinking really what to buy recently and people keep telling me to get in lease as I got a steady job etc.
I'm thinking about this: https://dsrleasing.com/car-listings/...-509-mo-lease/ it's really king car, but is it worth? Deal seems good.