ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Other Toys Thread?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 04:51 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jacumja
Cmon man nobody's knocking the brand get the valley pan gasket out of your butt. If you want it moved then move it yourself your the "senior member". I honestly didn't see the off topic section as the right spot. Usually guys are in those sections talking about Obama and global warming.
Sounds like you got Obama up your butt...if you want to talk about other rigs, go to the appropriate forum or go to off-topic or the off-roading threads. If you think I hold any one brand above another, you have no idea about me at all. Try doing a search on off topic at what vehicles I own/owned and see. I love cars. But like most on here, I come here for the Land Rover info and comadre. If you can't figure out how to read and post in the correct sections, maybe you need to finish grade school and then come back on here.

Off Topic is anything non Land Rover. Off-roading is for wheeling(sure, non-land rovers will appear because we aren't the only off-roaders in the world)

Old 04-19-2011, 04:52 PM
TReK

Here's a link to a good place to start getting ideas...
https://landroverforums.com/forum/of...ed-date-38391/

Old 04-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny. I am brand loyal in the 4 wheeling area.
But appretiate all other 4 wheelers as well. Hence the reason I am a part of a diverse local 4 wheeling club. (see signature)

I think it is elitist to say we can only talk D1 in here but that is how the forum is set up. Personally I get sick of all the "help me fix my D1" threads and would love to see more of them in action. Meh.. it is what it is.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Three Wheeling

Uhm...did not know threads could be moved(maybe that's what's happening to mine...ooh well guess that's my fault for being an ignoramus)...but seriously that is one sweet *** m-f-ing camaro even though it is posted in the wrong section(according to Chris-bob) thank you for bleesing our eyes with the pic.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ColoDisco
But appretiate all other 4 wheelers as well. Hence the reason I am a part of a diverse local 4 wheeling club. (see signature)
Haha the most funny thing is that the vast majority of Jeep owners are not even aware that other 4 wheeling brands exist and if they do they think it's crap. They're the most cocky elitists dudes ever. I know, I worked in a Jeep dealership for 1 year and was laughed at because I owned a LR and I wasn't invited to 4x4 outings, well I was invited as long as I didn't bring my truck.

Don't get me wrong, the Wrangler is a capable off-roader, and the GC is an incredible truck, but the first isn't as good as a stock Disco and the latter is a pale copy of the LR3 with a Pentastar engine. I also like old Sammys and Land Cruisers.

I agree on the point that we don't see enough action pictures or project posts in the DI section.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:26 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Jull
I agree on the point that we don't see enough action pictures or project posts in the DI section.
Amen to that.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Three Wheeling

Land Cruiser's are nice but don't you think they look kinda like our beloved Disco's(w/o the alpine window's) kinda like when Chevy redid the 'vette with the reverse air scoops they kinda looked liked Ferrai's...

Old 04-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ara25
Land Cruiser's are nice but don't you think they look kinda like our beloved Disco's(w/o the alpine window's) kinda like when Chevy redid the 'vette with the reverse air scoops they kinda looked liked Ferrai's...
Technically, the FJ70 was out 5 years before the Discovery, so it would be the other way around.