ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

packing gear into my truck thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 01:02 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is hardware wire. Commonly used as flooring in chicken coops and rabbit hutches so the poo can fall through for easier clean up. I like to use it for dividers in the coop cause of it's strength.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Baja
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

what guage do you use? i saw there was a 19, 28 and a 36? the 19 seemed pretty sturdy. im wondering if it would work for the flooring of my roof rack. seemed like the small size of the pattern would be strong enough.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 AM
TReK

I use 1/2"x1" in 28 or 36 gauge. Not sure which, but I know it isn't 19(my chickens aren't that strong). 19 would probably work great and would be easy to attach and remove if need be.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Baja

oh yeah.. think im gonna have to pick some up! i have to go look because there was a few different sized rolls. width's and lengths. maybe ill cut one open in the store and check how sturdy it is. just got some black zips, and i have black rattle can at home. time to do work.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just get the farmtek you cheap bastard.If you skipped goin drinking for one night you could easily afford it.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:11 AM
TReK

Did you ever get a Sani-Serve ice cream machine installed?

Old 03-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Baja

i caved in. just ordered the farm-tek. its $60 for three sheets. the wiring i was lookin at from HD woul dhave been about $50 because of the width of the rolls. Its narrow but very long, like enough to do 3 roof racks with but it's not worth me chancing it if it doesnt work out because of the cost vs the farmtek...

then i went a little nutty. i bought even more farmtek. im going to spray insulate the bed of the truck and lay farmtek over it. the bed of the truck is just way to bumpy to slide gear in and out easily and if i strap the farmtek down to the floor and cut it out to fit the shape it should be strong enough to tie down to. IN my truck only. i wouldnt tie down to it on the roof rack.

the roof rack will become my tent. i have the wilderness rack so it's flat and now with a floor i can easily put a decent size pad down and have a comfy sleep up there! Hopefully will have it all sorted by next weekend with some pics to show.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:42 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
i caved in. just ordered the farm-tek. its $60 for three sheets. the wiring i was lookin at from HD woul dhave been about $50 because of the width of the rolls. Its narrow but very long, like enough to do 3 roof racks with but it's not worth me chancing it if it doesnt work out because of the cost vs the farmtek...

then i went a little nutty. i bought even more farmtek. im going to spray insulate the bed of the truck and lay farmtek over it. the bed of the truck is just way to bumpy to slide gear in and out easily and if i strap the farmtek down to the floor and cut it out to fit the shape it should be strong enough to tie down to. IN my truck only. i wouldnt tie down to it on the roof rack.
So I found a website called farmtek...but I can't figure outwhat you are reffering to. Could you post a link for this 'farmtek'?

Old 03-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Baja
Old 03-05-2011, 04:29 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
Ahh. So that stuff is good for something? I have 18 4'x8' sheets of the stuff at work they want me to haul off to the landfill. It's fiberglass instead of plastic.

Quick Reply: packing gear into my truck thread