ROAMING WITH FRIENDS Make friends, socialize, share pics and other non technical threads.

Pic Request (long shot) : Painted Roof Black??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 11:06 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pic Request (long shot) : Painted Roof Black??

Anybody with a lighter color Disco, paint their roof (exterior) black? I've got the typical neglected-roof-paint-flaking-off issue going on and was considering a rattle-can solution this summer to keep things tidy. I would most likely go with the Rustoleum bedliner spray.

I like the white option on the darker colored Disco's, but since mine is yellow with black accents, so IMO, the white wouldn't look good. I have searched here and have Google-d with no results. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

What about an ultra flat camo black color? I have the same disease on my black roof, looking at cheap options.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:05 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
What about an ultra flat camo black color? I have the same disease on my black roof, looking at cheap options.
Yeah, I've seen that at the store as well, I saw the tan top in the DI section from a little while back that looked like it turned out well.

I've used the bedliner spray on some of my front bumper pieces recently and like the way it covered, but it might be better to go with something that will clean a little easier and is a little cheaper.

All I know is that I am NOT going to get it professionally done, and I'm NOT going to use gloss

Old 06-15-2011, 05:19 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do the Union Jack on top.....in duct tape!

Old 06-16-2011, 12:29 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
Do the Union Jack on top.....in duct tape!
Sounds classy

Old 08-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I know this is an old thread but I was thinking about this too because I just spent some time on my roof trying to make it look respectable again but have not been able to do so. I like the look of the hood blackout and thought maybe the roof would not look too bad. What did you end up doing? I have seen a couple pics of a green D2 with black roof and it looked OK.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:00 AM
Mudding

MuleyJ that is exactly what I am about to do.

I have a green D1 and I have blacked out the wheels, bumpers and grille. I'm waiting on the winds to calm down and the roof is next...

Pic Request (long shot) : Painted Roof Black??-img_1470.jpg

Old 08-31-2012, 07:42 AM
Mudding

I'm thinking you would want a light color for cooling. Seems a black roof would collect ALOT of heat, even if moving.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:22 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by ranewman
I'm thinking you would want a light color for cooling. Seems a black roof would collect ALOT of heat, even if moving.
I would agree, except that I live in Seattle so EXTREME HEAT = 85 degrees, I'm not too worried about that factor

Also, going with any other color other than black wouldn't look good. See below...gotta go with black if I went non-stock.

Name:  IMG_1557.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  224.9 KB

Old 09-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JC Speiser
MuleyJ that is exactly what I am about to do.

I have a green D1 and I have blacked out the wheels, bumpers and grille. I'm waiting on the winds to calm down and the roof is next...

Attachment 11616
I am thinking the exact same thing. I think I have a set of stock rims found for $75 and my BIL has a paint gun. My rover is the maroon though. I sure would like to see how yours turns out.

Quick Reply: Pic Request (long shot) : Painted Roof Black??